The Scorpion

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Ford's new 6.7 L diesel code name "Scorpion"

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a587dfa4970c-800wi

No more Navistar. The 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 is Ford's first diesel motor for its F-Series pickups to be developed

Yianni

From what I've read it looks good, but I would really have to wait a couple of years and see how they fare.

Cyncwby

Yep, I brought this up a couple of months ago, like I said then I sure hope Ford's doing their homework so "MOST" of the bugs are worked out before the public gets their hand's on it. If it's the real deal with 390 hp and 720 ft. lbs. of torque and a new O/D trans. to harness it they ought to keep the tow folks happy.....we'll see. Thanks for the pic, looks a lot more complicated than my '02 but then again my exhaust doesn't exit from the top either, should be very interesting. JM......it's slated for the F-250 on up, basically everything that has the Powerstroke in it now.

porthole

Retired
Exhaust and intakes are supposed to be reversed too. Exhaust to the valley between the heads almost directly into the turbos.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
When a manufacturer designs an engine with dual cooling systems, heads that are installed upside down, etc. you got to take a look at it.

DMitch

The 4.5 GM Diesel was the first to have this design, The Fix Or Repair Daily boys jumped all over the GM Idea. LOL

All the best,

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When do you think Chrysler Corp is going to design their own Diesel engine instead of depending on Cat. LOL