Where exactly is the fresh water tank

bobsue2

drain for the potable water tank.....was sanitizing last night and gave up looking for it.....just pumped it out with the water pump....thanks :confused:

jimtoo

Hi bobsue2,

I moved your post to a better area for the question your asking about the fresh water tank on a Bighorn.

The drain, I think, is just in front of the door side tires, behind the steps.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually, on a 2009 BH3670, the fresh water tank drain is just behind the sewer fitting, in front of the driver's side tires. The ones on the other side are the low point drains.

bobsue2

Thanks for the replys.....my belly is enclosed....I crawled underneath on both sides...never saw any sort of valve other than the low point drains....the owners manual is pitiful....doesn't show anything....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for the replys.....my belly is enclosed....I crawled underneath on both sides...never saw any sort of valve other than the low point drains....the owners manual is pitiful....doesn't show anything....

The enclosed underbelly is standard. There should be three tubes sticking out, in front of the tires. The two on the door side are the low point drains for the plumbing system (should be a sticker on the outside wall near them). The single tube on the off-door side, just behind the sewer connection, is the water tank drain. Each tube should have a small brass fitting on the end, which is a valve. The "handle" is tiny, but it is a valve.

I don't think HL has changed to a screw-off cap, like some other brands have, but if there is a big white cap on the end of the tube, then unscrew it and the water will flow.

About the only thing the owner's manual is good for is starting campfires. So generic that all a RV company has to do is change the cover and they can all use the same one. It was no different with our TT.