Trailer Storage

Gregsc75

Hello all,

I took a factory tour last week and have decided that I will order the M-18 around Feb. of next year. I have a question about where to park when not using it. I live in a neighborhood that doesn't allow campers to be parked here. I have a self storage place near my house but they want $55 a month and it would still be outside. If that was enclosed then I would not mind that price. All suggestions are appreciated. I am sure I am not the first one to have this problem.

Thanks,
Greg

2010augusta

In Colorado, my folks pay $1/foot for there class A, and I paid $2/foot for my classic car inside a barn stall, so $55 for a 20 foot trailer is pricey, but I do not know about the regular storage costs in IN.

Larry77

Family member in town? I luckily have a large driveway to store in the on season and in the off season I can store it at my fathers with a carport over it. 55$/month sounds high...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds pretty high to me. In my area (near Flint, MI), I paid $30 a month. That is about the going rate for most of them around me.

irvin56

Storage up here in Calgary is

For a 30 plus foot unit $ 55.00/ month.
And a lot of storage places do not have,(will not make) room for anything over 27 foot. So they can cram more in then.

I had to go outside of Calgary for mine. On a open field and he can and does store anything and everything out there , Lots of big units because of previous mention also with trucks, graders, and big equipment

Tom of Ypsi

If you have a favorite campground check to see it they have storage. Check with your dealer, some have storage. $55 sound awful high for no amenities. When we use to store ours we paid $30 a month but if you paid for a whole year in advance it cost for only 10 months and the last two were free.

porthole

Retired
Local storage place for me ( i of course don't use) wants $130 a month. Must think he is in Jersey or something.

wdk450

What it costs

We use "Sacramento Valet Indoor RV Storage" which washes and dumps the rig between uses. They have an old bakery building. We opted for this expensive option after having had a previous rig in $50/mo. outdoor storage and having 2 windows broken and electronics stolen. We pay $199/mo. for this . Other owners also say that the indoor storage prolongs the life of the paint job, tires, and even PVC plumbing (from not being out in the sun).
I have seen threads on this forum about the frequency of flat screen TV thefts from stored RV's. Even if you take the TV's out, the thieves will damage your rig trying to get in.

Nell

In the metro Atlanta area it's very hard to fine a place you have to go on a waiting list. We originally had to store ours 30 miles way for $65/mth. We now have a place that's 14 miles away for $70/mth. A really new hi tech facillity, full security, cameras everywhere and a great area. A couple of places that weren't as nice were asking $130 mth so $70 for us is not too bad :eek:

SilverRhino

Out of the Texas Sun

We pay $70 per month....covered.....electric to keep batteries up....Security! :)

All things considered.....I am happy with our arrangement......it keeps the West Texas Sun from eating away at my roof and tires! I still have to rinse it off when I take it out......thin film of that fine Red Dust!

tnhbush

storage

I pay $106 pm for outside storage in a standard storage place. My HOA wanted $50 pm but had no room for my TT and only a fenced in lot with no security. I figured for $50 more and a security camera pointed at my TT I'll take it. I could not find an indoor storage anywhere and I looked in this area. I still remove my LP bottles and battery just in case.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We sold our house in a subdivision that wouldn't allow campers and moved a little bit toward the country. The house came with a storage shed for the camper so spending over 200k is probably alot more than what you are talking about paying but it worth it's having the BC at home. Sorry but with dial-up service, I can't upload the picture.

Gregsc75

I found a place near my house for $35/month. It is outside and no security fence at all. This will work for right now but I will keep looking for something better. If I could find an indoor storage place for less than $100 I would jump on it. So far I haven't found anything that offer indoor storage.

Taz Devil

I pay $159.oo per month for my storage unit, which has an 12' - 14' brick wall surrounding the compound. Some open storage, 3/4 enclosed and fully enclosed. I have mine in the 3/4 enclosed and it stays much cleaner than being outside in the direct FL sunshine all the time. Security cameras, code steel garage door entrance. Around here you can't any type of RV in the yards or beside the houses. Very nice and friendly owners too. Then too it has to be built with hurricanes in mind.