Refrigerator EO error

MaiThyme

Our 2009 BH3055 has been in storage for 4 months. Today while we were getting it ready for travel we tried to turn on the fridge but we keep getting an EO error. I read in the manual and it states that there is "no communication between display and power modules."
"The control system will revert to full automatic operation selecting the best energy source available with AC,GAS priority. The temperature setting will be maintained at the mid positions. The power module will continually attempt to reestablish operation of the display module."

#1 --- say what?
#2 --- should we leave it turned on and see if it reestablishes itself?
Propane is running and we also ran electric to it with no change.

DH is leaving in the morning and we won't be able to get this fixed if it needs to go in for repair. Since he needs the fridge we put block ice in it and let it work like a cooler. We had done this once before on our other trailer.

Any answers?
PS - I have never posted before and am not sure if I am in the right spot, any input would be appreciated.:eek:

jimtoo

Hi MaiThyme,

First welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information.

I have never run into the problem your having with your refrigerator, but sounds like your doing what I would do for now. I'm sure someone will come in a let you know what to do next. What brand is your refrigerator?

Jim M

jbeletti

MaiThyme,

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you give your selling dealer a call first thing this morning. Speak to their service department and get their input.

Failing that, call Dometic. That said, recently, I found Dometic by phone to have little technical knowledge. They prefer you to work with your dealer and authorized centers.

Here's their info:

Dometic USA
800-544-4881
Dometic's Website
eMail Dometic

Jim

MaiThyme

Thank you for your response :D. Leaving it on overnight helped, I guess because now it is working! Yahoo!
Thought we had all the kinks out of our Bighorn since purchasing Last January. We absolutely love it!
This really is a great forum to have for reference. Someday when we retire we're looking forward to meeting you fine people at some rallies!