what size tv?

cdnrver

We have a 2009 Sundance 2900mk.

According to my measurements, there is enough room to fit a 32" LCD TV on the wall between the base and upper cabinet.

The weight of the LCDs that I am looking at are as follows:

26" = weighs approx 17.9 lbs

32" = weighs approx 25.6 lbs

* not sure how much the support bracket weighs
(wall mount http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...d=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10088578&catid=#MoreInfo)

I understand that the studs are wood and there is a 3/4" backer board inside the wall near the center.

My question is:

Will the design of the wood backer in the wall support the weight of a 32" LCD + the bracket,

or

Will it only support the weight of a 26" + bracket.

I would prefer to buy a 32" but will settle on the 26" if the weight is an issue.

Thanks

Rrloren

I just bought a 2010 Sundance 2900mk and it has a 32" TV so I would imagine you would be OK with the larger unit.

cdnrver

Hopefully, the wood support in the wall in my 2009 is the same design as the 2010 and that the 2010 support hasn't been beefed up to accommodate a 32".

Are there any 2009 owners whose unit came with a 32" TV?

Jim/rsvl/AR

We have a 2009 Sundance 245 RL and have a 32" RCA tv mounted and no problem with it. We have traveled 25000 miles over a lot of rough highways.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If your exterior wall is like mine the studs are not wood but aluminum so use the proper screws and you should be fine.

cdnrver

I'm told the studs in the 09 sundance 2900mk are wood - and the tv wall in our unit is an interior wall (shower is on the other side of the tv wall)