Removing outlet covers?

2010augusta

I just want a few suggestion on how to remove the wall plate on this type of outlet. With no screws I would guess it snaps on, but I don't want to break anything.

Thanks

And I have no idea how the Styrofoam ended up in the outlet.

Attachments

• DSCN6496.JPG
    DSCN6496.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 73

jbeletti

Just pry it off Alan. Looks like the outlet is on an outside wall. Hence, box is cut into the block foam in the wall. You wll not like RV recepts.

caissiel

looks like RV plug to me, there is a plastic tab that turns down when you unscrew the top and bottom holding screw. If it don't come off then unscrew it completely and the tab will fall off. Assembly is to rescrew it with the tab in place and it will swing in the right direction to squeeze the plug on the panel.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hey 2010,
I agree with Jim, you won't like what you see behind the plate and the receps., all of mine are changed to residental outlets, looks better too...

timdebs

The cover pries off, there are 2 tabs on the cover plate, 1 right above and 1 below the socket. I took one of mine off last night to see.

2010augusta

Okay y'all, thanks for the conformation. I just had never had wall plates without screws, so I didn't want to break anything.