Edge EZ Module for 01 Dodge CTD

SilverRhino

I am interested in adding more power to my CTD for towing. I have considered upgrading my injectors...but.... have heard that a better modification would be to add a "power module"

Is anyone towing with the Edge Ez?? What setting are you running?? What has your experience been??

My truck is fully gauged, all temps, pressures, boost etc. ..... air intake modified....4" turbo back exhaust.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I don't have a Dodge, but I run the Edge Juice. It gives a few more power settings than the EZ, but the same principal. I run on the recommended setting, which is Level 2. I couldn't be happier. My tranny,when I was on cruise, used to try to downshift out of overdrive on small hills and inclines, now with the extra 65 hp of the Level 2 setting it will stay in overdrive with plenty of power.
Fred

palebluedot

I have been running the EZ (see sign.) for about 3 years on setting #1 which is the lowest of the three. Everything else is stock. According to Edge there is only about 5-10 HP and a few footpounds difference in all of them. It will make a considerable difference in towing power. Towing from Mississippi to Pigeon Forge, I noticed the hills I had to downshift (manual tranny) on before the EZ, I could now stay in 6th gear. You are wise to have the gauges as the EGT will get high in a heartbeat up hills if you keep the hammer down or don't downshift. I think a new EZ goes for about $495 MSRP. I suggest you check around Ebay but be sure that you get the model specific for your truck. There is a difference between a 2001 and 2002 unit. I found mine new in the box there for $250. I highly recommend the EZ for towing. It suppose to help fuel mileage also, but I haven't noticed a big improvement. I'm getting 10-11 MPG towing the 3610RE.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Like Fred, I have the Edge Juice on my '02 GMC. I run it on level 4 when not towing and level 2 when towing. Even with ULSD I'm still getting 18-20 MPG not towing and 10-12 when pulling the trailer. Plenty of power to pull into the mountains of Colorado.

ChopperBill

I have the Edge w, Attitude. Best thing I have put on the truck! I seem to run it in level 1 (economy) most of the time. I have always said that I could use an extra 50 HP and it gives me the "edge" I have been looking for. Pun intended :p. Empty I get the same mileage at 75 that I use to get at 60-65 with no Edge.

SilverRhino

Found the "Edge"

Thanks for all your input everyone!

Decided to go with the EZ......found a great deal....EZ + 4 Oil Filters + Lift pump + Misc other parts......all less than 1/3 cost of EZ alone :D

Found a member on another forum that had the Edge and parts left over from his '01 CTD that he sold :)

Again....the HLOF comes through! Thank you!