Microwave a Jump'n

SPY9

Recently returned from Oregon via Klamath Falls, OR through Alturas, CA on Hwy 39. Not the smoothest road I have ever been on. Kind of like riding a bucking horse. Got to our overnight stay at Likely, CA only to find the microwave had literally jumped out of the two plastic rails. Yes the microwave "just sits" in plastic rails. Luckly it didn't fall out of the cabinet. I have now fixed the problem. Just thought I would pass it along.

Solution: Same principal as tying down your RV kitchen chairs, tv and recliners. It cost me $5.00 in materials at the local hardware store and about 1hr of labor. Now the Microwave will never go anywhere.

Clark

Steve, I had the same problem driving some roads in the Poconos in eastern Pennsylvania. I just put it back in the track and replaced the plastic cover. What did you do to lock it down?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep...happened to us once too! Just put it back where it belonged and re-secured the cover...no more problems. Hopefully with Trailair Centerpoint we had installed, it will be a non-issue from here on out...:)

SPY9

Clark:
Used buckle slide release hardware and black polypro strap. Attached strap inside on each side of the cabinet at the bottom. Ran both straps to the top and clasp the buckles together and tighened the straps.

Clark

Thanks Steve. I'll look into getting that done after this month (Mystic, CT and Myrtle Beach, SC). Appreciate the tip.

Clark