Replacement Tires

cdnrver

We've had our 2009 Sundance 2900mk for sometime now (took delivery in Feb 2008) - Unfortunately, we have not been able to use it much for various reasons (did 1 trial run for 5 days back in the summer of 2008 and got some warranty issues resolved).

Because our unit has been in storage since then, I haven't really followed the forum discussions much until recently. We have now arranged to spend this winter in Texas (we live in BC).

We have the 16" china bombs on our unit. I'm hoping the tires last us this trip (about 5500 miles there and back) My questions are as follows:

1) Are people still having issues with these tires?

2) I've read that the China Bombs were real problems back in 2007 and 2008. Are the Mission tires on my 2009 made better, or did Heartland just continue using the same problem tires as in earlier models?

3) Over these past couple years, what seems to be the consensus regarding replacement tires - what brand are most people buying to replace the factory tires?

If I see a good deal down in Texas, I may replace the tires before heading back home.

Thanks

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Do a search for "Mission" or "tires" and you will have more than enough reading material for the night. It does seem that most people are switching to either Michelin XPS or Goodyear 614.

vangoes

Cdnrver,
I ran my "china bomb" loadstars for 14,000 miles without incident. I just replaced then with Maxxis M8008 (also foreign made) due to excessive wear on one of the tires. A friend is still running his Missions on his SOB and have approx 12,000 miles without incident. I believe that if you maintain your tires properly and avoid damage from curbing, potholes etc you are reasonbly safe running them. The same holds true with tires as with other issues......we only hear about the horror stories and we do not hear about the thousands of other trailers out there running China bombs successfully. If you read other forums you will also see issues with the Goodyear 614's; so long story short, there probably in no perfect tire out there that is free of mishaps. INMO