please satellite help!!!

SAJOHNS

Just purchased directv for 09 3850. Everything workes when plugged into tv outside running wires direct. but when i plug sat. into sat plugs on camper i have no signal on tv's inside. please help!!!!!!

trvlrerik

I had to run thu the entire menu of input signals on our jensen tv before I could locate the input signal. Also the bedroom tv runs sat off of both cable and sat. To be honest I just unplugged everything and chased down what line was what with ohm meter and then spent an afternoon with tv book to figure it out.

trvlrerik

I currently go from the roof dish into the cable-in jack in the docking station, the dish recievers are then plugged into the cable jacks, from the recievers I ran cables dirct to tvs. recievers are also cabled into the antenna jacks for local channels. The Jensen tv is set for cable info in, for antenna it has to be switched to antenna feed. The whole thing still is very confusing for me, kids have it figured out, I still have to look at the book to switch from cable to satellite to dish.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just some questions..
Did you have the dealer go through the setting on your TV during the PDI?

Is your dish on the roof or do you set it up on the ground.

Have you gone to the TV menu to set it to your Sat Connection. On most of the new TV's you have a menu to go through to set it to the proper in put. You will have one input from the Antenna/Cable connection, the DVD connection, the Satellite connection. Some of these selections from your menu might be, Antenna/Cable, Composite 1, Composite 2 and such.

It would help to know if you have been through the menu on the TV, and what type of Satellite system your using.

BC

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
just hooked up receiver in bedroom today. took line for sat in ceiling to receiver in, from tv out to an A-B switch. run line from ant/cable to other side of A-B then a single line to TV.can go from one system to the other just by flipping switch. ( just a note: had dealer verify all connection were correct in docking centre when we bought. our 06 BH was not correct from factory.)

SAJOHNS

I have a direc tv dish that I set up on a tripod. I ran cable through window directly from the dish to the tv in the livingroom and it works fine. But when i connect the dish to the outside satellite connections I get nothing. I have 2 satellite input jacks outside.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I was told by the technician that installed my satellite that the outside connections will not work with the dish. He said he has never seen it work on a TT or FW. He said there are splitters in the line and they will mess up the signal. He ran mine right through the window to the turner. I haven't tried it myself, but have done some reading on line and what he said is verified by what I have read.
Fred

caissiel

I have a satelite dish carrier set on the 5th wheel pin box and can move the carrier at the rear on the trailer hitch. That way I can install the satelites for 360Deg swing If I am in the trees I can move it to a clear location. I have traveled for 3 years with the hitch setup and only once did I had trees in the way. Now I put both satelites, ExpressView and Hughes, on the hitch. I travel the Hughes in the storage and assemble the front section on site. It takes very little time to set them up, as I use a computer calculator to find my bearings. Untill the units come down to a proper value price no way will I use those automatic dish carriers. I have my time that I value and enjoy the optional location of installation

My satelite connections all work great.

wdk450

Dish Network Works through my Trailer's wiring

I was told by the technician that installed my satellite that the outside connections will not work with the dish. He said he has never seen it work on a TT or FW. He said there are splitters in the line and they will mess up the signal. He ran mine right through the window to the turner. I haven't tried it myself, but have done some reading on line and what he said is verified by what I have read.
Fred

I run my Dish Network 1000 dish though the 5th wheel's internal wiring with success first try. I thouroughly researched the Bighorn audio/video wiring along with the Dish network wiring needed for 2 TV sets to make my wiring plan. So it WILL work with Heartland's wiring.

BUT!!!! Many posters have reported that the wiring in the trailer was unconnected or shorted. Home Depot has a signal tester kit for about $50 that will shoot a signal through a cable (various cable terminations are included) and a tracer that will pick up that signal at the other end (if the cable connections are good). You can do the same thing with a basic DVM testing first across the end of an UNTERMINATED cable that there is infinte resistance (no shorts). Then you need a rig (or helper) to connect the DVM to one end of the cable center with a small piece of bare wire, and a long wire going to the other end of the cable into the center connector from the other DVM lead. The meter should show less than 5 ohms (or beep"continuity). Repeat this second test for the outer shield conductor of the cable. Do these 2 tests on all cables you want to use.

Good luck!!!

SmokeyBare

By hooking up the Receiver to the cable connection ... in my case I put it behind our Living Room TV ... turn power on to the receiver ... this will send power through the cable ... which powers the LNB on the dish ... you should be able to locate the correct connection by attaching the Signal Meter to a short cable which would be attached to Satellite connection in the docking station ... it should power the signal meter and show by way of a small light or signal sound if your connected to the correct cable... if not... try the other cable connection... if you get no power through either of the satellite connections in the docking station... this would tell me there is a problem between the TV and the docking station connections.

jwb187

Mine also works fine using the hook up in the docking station, never had a problem hooking up. Now figuring out that Olevia TV was a different story, lots of trial and error before I was ever able to receive a signal, but once I figured that out all works fine...jwb.

caissiel

me to first time I set the satelite I pluged in direct and then when the dish was good I checked all the connection, now its a breeze