3500RL W/D Closet Door, Changed Swing

caissiel

We just bought a New 2009, 3500RL BC and I went to install our 2100 Splendide Washer/Dryer Unit in the W/D Prep area. I needed to remove one Door frame to make clearance for the Unit. There was 1/2" Missing. Then we realized that the upper part of the closet could be used to store our everyday jackets and visiters coats. But the swing was such that we had to be completly by the bed to open the door. So I changed the swing so I can access the Closet coming from the hall, this way the door swings toward the Bed and easily accessible from the hallway. I did my research before purchasing this RV, there are hardly any units available anymore with W/D access before the bedroom.
We love our unit but the best modification I did to it is the swing of the W/D door.
In addition I moved the light forward, it was located behind the cloths after I raised the closet bar and removed the shelve.

caissiel

I am glad to see the new 2010 units have a door that swings the same as I have modified mine, good thinking Heatland.