cruise control

jbeletti

I do. Cruise Control on, TowHaul mode on. If the weather/road conditions are poor, I turn Cruise Control off.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I use the Cruise too as long as the hills aren't too bad. I take it out of cruise in the hilly areas.

caissiel

I use cruise all the time, if its hilly I shift off overdrive and cruise a little slower. I watch my Torque Load, Exhaust Temp, and Water Temp, all the time. So far no problems with any.

Clark

I'll throw my two cents in. I use cruise control and tow/haul mode in all exept Very hilly terraine or Very wet or poor road conditions when towing my 3055RL. If the transmission starts down shifting on steep hills, then I'll drop the cruise and go to foot control to save fuel.
Clark

porthole

Retired
Dittos. The GMC's do a really good job integrating the cruise - engine - and trans controls to try and maintain speed. What I have found is the rest of the vehicles, specially those with "those other brands" ended up slowing down too much when behind them - always have to pass :D:D:D

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We do the same as Clark. Cruise and Tow Haul except when the transmission starts downshifting in hilly conditions, then it's foot power.

wyleyrabbit

I use cruise control and tow/haul. Once up to highway speed, I turn off tow/haul to save some fuel.

It should be mentioned to never use cruise control when the roads are slippery.

Cheers,
Chris

billd

I use the crusie control, execpt on slippery roads, very hilly areas or high winds.

Bill