Spongy Floor

Dave

Traveling Two
We have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK which was purchased in August 2008. We have livied in it since April 2009 while I work in Virginia. About July we noticed the bathroom floor is spongy and the floor leading out of the bathroom and into the hallway is starting to get spongy. My question is, is it possible to have a leak from the toilet, shower or bathroom sink that is getting under the linoleum thereby causing this issue? The basement isn't wet and neither is the plumbing under the shower or ontop of the bathroom linoleum. Is it reasonable to assume that if there was a leak, esp from a constant water source to the toilet, shower or sink I would see water under the camper? Other than drilling a hole into the bathroom linoleum how can I see if everything is dry under the bathroom linoleum? How can I determine if there is a leak causing the spongy floor or is the normal wear and tear and all campers have soft and spongy flooring? Thanks for your inputs--be safe!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I suppose if a leak were slow enough to absorb into the OSB sheathing before it dripped anywhere else, it sounds feasible. You may be able to inspect the floor from the basement area if you remove the wall on the rear of the storage area. Another way is to remove the toilet and inspect the floor under the seal. (could be the culprit too). If it's still under warranty, have the dealer check it out.