Major holiday camping Withdrawal..

caokgafamily

This is the first major holiday in 20+ years that we are not camping.
The weekend hasn't even started and I'm going thru withdrawals.
The BIGHORN is parked in the backyard and I hear her calling me.
We get out all the time and have been twice since our big cross country 7000 mile trip this past July. I think our neighbors might think there is something wrong with us. We are just going to hang out at home.
I think I'm going crazy.:confused:

Last edited:

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
This is the first major holiday in 20+ years and we are not camping.
The weekend hasn't even started and I'm going thru withdrawals.
The BIGHORN is parked in the backyard and I hear her calling me.
We get out all the time and have been twice since our big cross country 7000 mile trip this past July. I think our neighbors might think there is something wrong with us. We are just going to hang out at home.
I think I'm going crazy.:confused:
I am right there with ya. My parents are en route to the campground now and I am so jealous.:eek:

bighorn3370

We were all packed, hooked up, and ready to go...and then one of our dogs got extremely sick. We had to be responsible and stay home and take care of him. He's all better now though. We wish we were camping! :(

osims

bsims
We are home also, babysetting but we do our share of camping so we're enjoying the grandkids and planning our next trip.
Bill

Paul & Nan

We do not go out on holiday weekends, after owning a campground, we feel it is amature and drunk time. Rather go when things are a bit more quiet. Just a humble opinion. Nan

TXBobcat

Fulltime
All you have to do is sell the house, sell the car, get rid of all the stuff, connect up to the Bighorn and GO.. Your always home.... We are home in Green River UT and we are lonesome. Where is everyone !!! It is all coming to an end... The Sky is falling...

EEEEEEEEEK..

Oh.. I guess we will just have to suffer all alone...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Nah! We're right there with you Bob, expect we're in Gettysburg, PA.

And Nan is right...Oh My God! Talk about party time!!:eek: If I had my choice I'd be somewhere less "popular" with the weekend crowd...however, came to spend time with our Son, so we'll just have to "buck up" and deal with it...LOL:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just though you might be intrested in the scene outside my back window. This is so tough I don't know if I can stand it...

Guess I will just have to Cowboy Up, as my daughter says...

BC

Attachments

• DSC_3938M.jpg
    DSC_3938M.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 43

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yea Bobcat, I feel your pain. I would much rather be at home, but have to endure this camping on the shores of Lake Superior in Ashland WI. This is what I have to look at every night. I don't know if I can take it much longer................send help!

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 31

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Since we're not camping this weekend, I was able to capture this Hawk on my pack patio...

Attachments

• DSC00755sml.jpg
    DSC00755sml.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00756sml.jpg
    DSC00756sml.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 35

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's getting awfully boring being out on the lakes or watching these guys. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. Might as well be me. Wife and her sisters will be doing the Mackinac Bridge walk tomorrow. Me, I'm the designated driver.

jbeletti

...Wife and her sisters will be doing the Mackinac Bridge walk tomorrow. Me, I'm the designated driver.

John,

Not sure where you are staying but Rick and Blanca (traveler07) are staying at Lakeshore RV Park in St. Ignace and are doing the bridge walk as well.

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Let's see...for me...fulltiming = permanent vacation; never having to go 'back' home; always being home and always camping;

Yep...I love it! :D:cool:

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
Sittin at home as well waiting for the long weekend traffic to subside and we are on our way tomorrow afternoon for 10 more days, boating and fishing. Home for 1 day, dr. appt & cut the lawn. then on to the 1st Alberta Heartland Rally in Sundrie. From there, joining a camping group for their Thanksgiving wind-up in the mountains. then back home for a few days to get a bit of warrenty work done. Shouldn't take long and we'll decide (depending on weather ) where we will travel next.
AIN'T CAMPING FUN!!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Not camping either this weekend...

005.jpg

007.jpg