Wobbly kitchen slide - Landmark Augusta

beardedone

Beardedone
We have just noticed that our kitchen slide has an issue. The slide does't seem to go out all the way and you can push on the top and rock it back and forth easily. I measured the outside distance from the fixed wall and there is a difference of 1/2" from the front end to the back end. The sloppiness is really evident. A tech told me to check the fluid, when slides are in, and it is half full. I added a 1/2 liter of fluid to the tank and no difference. Lippert said it was normal - Not - it was never like this before and I can't believe this is normal. Any suggestions and how full is everyone's hydraulic fluid resevoir when the slides are in?

thanks,

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
According to the book and Lippert, I was told and it says about 1-2 inches from the top of the reservoir with the slides in and legs up. If it was full before and is not now you may have a leak. As far as the slide being loose it sound link it needs to be adjusted.

John T Bettencourt

bearbedone, I had the same problem with my 09 Augusta. I helped the tech fix it. We had to undue the shaft that drives the gear on the front side of the slide. Take the gear out and move the slide out by pullng on it to get it inline with the back side. We put it back together and ajusted the nuts on the end of the hydraulic shaft. Works fine now and goes all the way out. John

beardedone

Beardedone
I guess I am going to have a tech come. I tried to fix it the other day when we were out but no luck. No luck is the name of the game. Just after the warranty is over lots of expensive things go wrong!

jimtoo

If the slide just started doing this or has been working correctly before, then
before you call a tech or do any adjusting, run slide in say half way, then get flashlight and look on floor under the slide floor. You may have something causing slide to stop before it is all the way out.

Jim M

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks Jim but "bin there - done that". In fact I checked several times in case I missed something or it was too close to one of the rollers. I even brought several different lights to shine under there and lifted the rubber gasket outside and looked under from that side.

lwmcguir

Hydraulic oil/transmission fluid should be 1/2 inch from the top when slides are in. The level shouldn't change hardly any when the slides are out as the cylinders are two way and are always full of fluid. I use Mercon V as it is the best synthetic fluid available. I topped the reservoir off as when I received the unit is was only 1/2 full.

lwmcguir

This is the manual for the hydraulic slides on the Heartland Coachs.

Attachments

• Hydraulic Slideout-Web.pdf
    852.4 KB · Views: 18

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hydraulic oil/transmission fluid should be 1/2 inch from the top when slides are in. The level shouldn't change hardly any when the slides are out as the cylinders are two way and are always full of fluid. I use Mercon V as it is the best synthetic fluid available. I topped the reservoir off as when I received the unit is was only 1/2 full.

With four slides, the level drops about 1/2" - 3/4" when they're out. Returns when they're pulled back in. Our reservoir was about about 3/4 full when we received it and did the PDI. Per the tech's recommendation, I marked the level on the reservoir with a Sharpie with the slides in and again when they were out.