Switch recliners with couch

aatauses

HI everyone,
We have a BH 3670 and during the new owner presentation were told we could switch the recliners (which are currently in the rear) with the couch(which is currently on the slide out). Has anyone done this? Can you travel this way or do you need to switch them back to tie them down?
Currently in NH and headed to ME next week.
thanks
aatauses

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Aatauses, I don't think you can travel with them switched. I know in our 3370 we can't. I know of some others that have done it and didn't like the way the recliners were, but I suppose its personal preference.

netters1

We switch our recliners with the sofa everytime we stop for an extended stay. We cannot travel with them switched because the slides will not come in with the sofa in the back. We like the recliners in the long slide because it is so much more comfortable to watch tv. :D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We tried it but decided the recliners take up too much of the slide, making it tight to get at the table. And there's no room for a small table between them. With the footrests out, you can't get past them. Did like the sofa in the rear, though.

I put carpet slider pads under the chair bases, but they're so heavy that they sink into the carpet and really don't help much moving the chairs. Gotta be a better way...

Delaine and Lindy

Love Seat.....

We have a Lazy Boy recline-away Love seat in the door slide. We don't have a couch. We have a Lazy boy recliner in the rear and next to it is ("Montana's) bed and sleeping area. We never found a RV type couch that was comfortable or built very well. We also have end tables on each side of the Love seat. We never have to secure the Love seat or the Recliner , I think its because of the center point suspension and the Trailer Saver air ride 5th wheel hitch. GBY....

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
We switch the sofa & chairs when parked for more than 3 or 4 days, so installed teflon furniture sliders under rear sofa legs , and temporary (removable) under front legs. Bought the large ones , about 4" x 6" and the shaped edges slide over the carpet seams with no problem. Just pull the front leg sliders out for travel when sofa in slide.

Bobby A

We love being able to move the sofa and chairs around in our 3580, sometimes we will even put the table and chairs in the rear because we back up to a lake and like the view sitting at the table. Yes we have to put everything back when we travel though. We also put the teflon sliders on the chairs and sofa to make it a little easier to move around.We don't have to remove the teflon when traveling we just put those non skid shelf liners under a couple of the legs and it don't move.

HI everyone,
We have a BH 3670 and during the new owner presentation were told we could switch the recliners (which are currently in the rear) with the couch(which is currently on the slide out). Has anyone done this? Can you travel this way or do you need to switch them back to tie them down?
Currently in NH and headed to ME next week.
thanks
aatauses

I've tried switching mine, but couldn't leave them there as the slides won't clear the couch with it on the back wall. I personally like the recliners in front of the TV, but I no longer worry with moving them unless I'm going to be camped out for a while. I actually don't strap my chairs down (or the dinette chairs). It doesn't appear that they can move when the slides are in. But, guess it's just as a precaution to prevent them from rocking while in motion and hitting something. I even removed all my straps and screw hooks that were in the floor. I've yet to have any trouble and is less for me to worry with. ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

wdk450

Not strapping chairs down

I've tried switching mine, but couldn't leave them there as the slides won't clear the couch with it on the back wall. I personally like the recliners in front of the TV, but I no longer worry with moving them unless I'm going to be camped out for a while. I actually don't strap my chairs down (or the dinette chairs). It doesn't appear that they can move when the slides are in. But, guess it's just as a precaution to prevent them from rocking while in motion and hitting something. I even removed all my straps and screw hooks that were in the floor. I've yet to have any trouble and is less for me to worry with. ffice:eek:ffice" /><o>:p></o>:p>
<o>:p></o>:p>

If you don't strap your chairs down when you travel, you risk having them slide sideways towards the front of the trailer and having the recliner handle catch on the slide trim as the slide is put out. This will be hidden to you when the slides are retracted and you wont find out until you hear the POP of the trim breaking.
I know this from experience.

jbeletti

If you don't strap your chairs down when you travel, you risk having them slide sideways towards the front of the trailer and having the recliner handle catch on the slide trim as the slide is put out. This will be hidden to you when the slides are retracted and you wont find out until you hear the POP of the trim breaking.
I know this from experience.

I place a heavy sock over the handles, then stow the recliners with the handles against the back wall. The sock prevents marring the wall board and nothing catches on the slide fascia. No strapping. Has worked well in 2 RVs now.

Jim

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
Recliners & Couch

On the 3670 RL we cannot travel that way. The couch is too wide to allow the slide to come in.None

debandal

We have a 2009, 3400RL, and in order to leave the sofa at the rear, we flip the sofa on it's back and remove the 4 feet off the couch with a 1/2 socket. This way the slide will clear the sofa. Saves moving it around.