100 gallons of water?

porthole

Retired
I looked at my tanks the other day. There are 2 - 48 gallon fresh tanks. Close enough to 100 I suppose.

The tanks are 7" high, the forward tank, when completely drained, still has 2.5" of water.

I'm guessing that makes about 15 or so gallons of unusable water, plus the same amount subject to freezing.

I think a better method of mounting the tanks could be done, at least sloped in the frame to maximize use. My boat has 4-30 gallon fresh water tanks and I can use all but about a gallon in each tank.

The tank "transfer hose" is not at the bottom, and there seems to be only one supply line for the two tanks (this is mounted almost at the bottom of the rear tank).

One of the reasons for going with the toy haulers is for the water storage, it sure would be advantageous to be able to use at least 90-95% of it.

810ajm

Short on water

I noticed 2.5" of water in my front tank also. I removed the tank and installed a fitting. Now, pump sucks from both tanks, and the drain drains both tanks.

810ajm

Bud's Trailer in Burton, MI. But, I think any rv supply will have it. Bud's does plastic welding also. I think you could use epoxy.

Yianni

Just curious if the total fresh water gallons includes the 6 or 10 gallons in the water heater and lines. My Keystone claims to have 50 gallons but when I did the bucket test it came to 43. Keystone said 6 in the water heater and 1 gallon in the lines equals 50. I heard they were not going to do this anymore but don't know if it's happened yet.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The total water in my Landmark does include the 12 gallons in the water heater.

rtataryn

Porthole,

I've got the same issue with my 3010. I figure about 30 gallons of unusable water. Please post what you do to solve the issue. I'd like to see how yours goes before tearing into mine. :))