Check fuse for refrig.

tmcran

I have had some cooling problems with the Dometic frig. I want to check the fuse that is in the outside panel. I removed the screw in the top of the square black box. I was not able to get the front off. It looks as if there is a catch that holds the cover on. I tried to unhook the cover of the black box but could not get it off. Anyone know how to get the cover off?

tmcran

Yep, Mine has a single screw at the top also. I removed it and it would not release at the bottom or side. There is something that is still holding the front on after removing the screw.??????

fhollan

Yesterday I removed the screw on ours and the box opened. There might be a couple of clips still holding it.

The refridge was not cooling the way it should have been, staying in the lower forties. A tech told me what to check. Once you have the box open, check the two fuses. He told me to unplug the thermistor. There are two plugs on the circuit board in the upper left corner. One has multiple wires connected and one has only two connected. Unplug that one. Leave the refridge on for about 24 hours and check it. If the temperature has dropped below the freezing point, like mine did this morning, the thermistor needs to be replaced. If the temperature stays the same, it's most likely the cooling unit.

Also I've got one fan in the back, which I never heard kick on. So I'll probably get everything checked.

tmcran

Yesterday I removed the screw on ours and the box opened. There might be a couple of clips still holding it.

The refridge was not cooling the way it should have been, staying in the lower forties. A tech told me what to check. Once you have the box open, check the two fuses. He told me to unplug the thermistor. There are two plugs on the circuit board in the upper left corner. One has multiple wires connected and one has only two connected. Unplug that one. Leave the refridge on for about 24 hours and check it. If the temperature has dropped below the freezing point, like mine did this morning, the thermistor needs to be replaced. If the temperature stays the same, it's most likely the cooling unit.

Also I've got one fan in the back, which I never heard kick on. So I'll probably get everything checked.

Thanks, Did ya have to pull on the front of the box? I'll try again to get the front to open and check the items you recommened.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On both sides of the lower corners of the black box there is a slot for a standard screwdriver. Insert into slot and give it a little turn and pull out on the corner. It will come open.

fhollan

Thanks, Did ya have to pull on the front of the box? I'll try again to get the front to open and check the items you recommened.

This was the first time I took the cover off and all it took was to take the screw out and the cover came off without any problem. Keep us advised!

tmcran

On both sides of the lower corners of the black box there is a slot for a standard screwdriver. Insert into slot and give it a little turn and pull out on the corner. It will come open.

Ok, found the slots and it came off. However, everythng was ok. I had turned off the fridge for about 24 hrs. I turned the fridge backk on (AC).
Let run for several hrs. Temp in freezer at -4 and in the fridge at 38. Just like before. I'm thinking I didn't close the door until it locked tight and it was not cooling for that reason. Ok now....Thanks for the suggestions.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ok, found the slots and it came off. However, everythng was ok. I had turned off the fridge for about 24 hrs. I turned the fridge backk on (AC).
Let run for several hrs. Temp in freezer at -4 and in the fridge at 38. Just like before. I'm thinking I didn't close the door until it locked tight and it was not cooling for that reason. Ok now....Thanks for the suggestions.
WOW! I wish I could get my freezer to -4. We're lucky to see anything between 0 and 5 above. On the other hand, our fridge section runs down around 34 with the temp setting on 1. If we set it any colder, the fridge become a freezer too.

tmcran

WOW! I wish I could get my freezer to -4. We're lucky to see anything between 0 and 5 above. On the other hand, our fridge section runs down around 34 with the temp setting on 1. If we set it any colder, the fridge become a freezer too.

I did talk with the dealer and he said about 0 degress in normal for freezer. I don't have an adjustment on the Sundance.. I think as long as fridge is in the mid upper 30,s ok.

tmcran

Follow up on fridge. After about a week I check the fridge again. Freezer was -5 and fridge was 34 degrees. Only thing I can figurre I just did not get the door closed completely. So Far everything fine.............

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
By the way, you can adjust the temp on the reefer. There is a sliding plastic mechanism on the fins inside the reefer on the right side. Sliding it up and down changes the temp settings. I just can't remember which way is which.