Antenna information

05Winger

Just thought I would pass this along to everyone. We purchased the Wine Guard Wingman for our antenna to boost the signal and found out our antenna is not a Wineguard but a Signal Commander. I know I could have drilled holes and made it fit but I preferred not too. Our trailer is a 2010 Sundance XLT 287RL. Needless to say we are taking the Wingman back to Camping World. I thought we might save some one else the trouble of having to buy and return like I did. Have fun and camp safe.

VixPix

Thanks for sharing that. Just thought I would admit that I've done the same thing, thought the Wingman would add some range to our rig's reception when traveling to less populated areas out West this summer. I too, returned the unit to the retailer after a short, disappointing climb up to the roof of our Landmark.

jbeletti

Been a lot of talk on the forum about this but you can't always read the whole thing :)

Search works good though. Using the forum's Google search option, here's the results for wingman (link).

That said, those who have contacted AntennaTek about this have been told AntennaTek does not feel their antenna are in need of any sort of HDTV add-on as they are already HDTV-ready/capable.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jay, The antenna tek will pull a good signal from at least 60 miles. We were in Elkader, IA last weekend and had a network channel from Cedar Rapids.

SmokeyBare

It seems to me with the new digital signal for our Over the Air TV chanels... the problems seem to be when the TV Signals are coming from different locations. Just move the antenna a few degree's one direction or the other... and the signal quality changes or is lost completely. With the over the air TV stations located in different directions

If anyone has one of the Omnidirectional Amplified TV Antenna I would love to hear a report of how well it works.

Link: http://http://www.winegarddirect.co...l-Amplified-TV-Antenna-(SMS2000)&p=WD-SMS2000

Marv

05Winger

It's good to know the antenna works well without any enhancements. Thanks, I won't waste my money!