Canadian update

arisce

Remember us. We are the ones with the leaking hydraulics, the missing a/c part, the crinked lp hose and the crack in the fibreglass. Wel Lippert fixed the leak,Holmes on wheels fixed the a/c, Heartland repaired the crack and LSI fixed the rest. We camped for 5 days at LSI as they kept finding problems. In particular Lippart came and had to reweld the shocks because they were too close to the tires and were rubbing. To make a long story short we went home on Saturday and had a blowout on one of the tires that caused a lot of damage. We got home on Sunday. The next day we were ready to bring it to the dealer but a another tire was flat and the spare was already replacing the blown tire. So we got someone to come and fix the tire. We are bringing it at the dealer tomorrow. Hi to all and we will see you next year.

P.S. Can non-owners come to the rally? LOL

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Wow, sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I hope you are kidding about being ex-owners but I would also understand if that is the way you decide to go. We would like to still see you next year at the Rally. I know Linda and I enjoyed it very much and look forward to next year. Although it looks as if Linda may miss it again since it will be late May early June again. Maybe her father will drive up with her again, I hope.
Have you touched base with Heartland about your experiences? Even thought you are going through alot, how has the service been with all of this? I would hope that there would be no problems getting the work done other than the inconvenience. Anyway, hope everything else is going well for you.

Mark

arisce

Thanks for the concern. I am kidding about being ex-owners. After all this bonding we will keep "Flip" (that's the name of our unit). Heartland is aware of the pre blowout problems. Yes I do intend to notify them as soon as I have time and information. I took the fiver to my dealer in Canada. I think there is a design problem-the shocks are too close to the wheels and rub the tires. I will have a Moryde installed to replace the shocks. I am hoping that the Heartland pays for this. I will keep you informed. Once again thanks for the concern.
P.S. I remember people by what they did to the fiver. You rewired or wired your fiver so that it is more practical? I think your name is Mark? If I am correct then let me know because this would be quite an event for me. I have trouble with names and phone numbers. À la prochaine!
Karen and William, Ebony and Tabitha. Site #411.

BluegrassMan

Hi arisce:
I too am sorry to hear of your problems with your 5ver. I just got my GC out of the shop today. A factory guy from Lippert came to Pa. from the factory in Ill. to tell the technicians how to fix my chassis, and install "2" new tires on that side. I hear a bunch of G.Canyons have the same problem. 2 at my dealer with the same thing.

K

Ken Washington

Denny, Which side and what was wrong with the chassis? Also what did they do to fix the problem. Is there anything that I can look for to see if mine has this problem. Thanks for any help that you can give!
Ken

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey arisce,
Yes, it is Mark and yes I rewired my trailer a bit to be more practical. Remember the thumbs-up poster child for Bighorn? Anyway I'm glad to hear that you will muddle through the fixes and continue to be an owner. Can't wait for next year's Rally. Site 421

Later,
Mark

BluegrassMan

Ken:

It was my left side (street side). To check yours out get under behind the rear tire, look at your shackles that the eye of the leaf is bolted to. Mine was WAY crooked inward toward the middle of the trailer. This shifted the wheels over close to the slideout mechanism, thus rubbing the tire REAL BAD.

They fixed it as per Lippert's advice. It's NOT perfect, but is a BUNCH better. I do have clearance (1.5 in.) between the tires and the square bar on the slide out. They also put a support brace from the left shackle over to the right shackle. It may help keep things rigid this way. I hope all is well with this whole "CF". They had my trailer for a month.....

K

Ken Washington

BluegrassMan, Thanks for the input. I have been under the trailer several times and did not see what you are talking about. I will check it again for sure!
Ken

jcd8822

Joseph
Hey arisce:

WOW, if it was not for bad luck, you would not have had any luck at all, LOL Sorry to hear about all of that and now that now you have it all behind you and will not have to worry about anymore problems in the future. (How is that for positive thinking?)

Thanks for the straps you gave us on Sunday at the rally, and you were correct in saying that is was not a matter of if, but when, the wiring harness would break. Ours broke this week on the large slide by the door. I was expecting it would be on the other side, by the kitchen.

Do you know if the "fix" the others received at the rally took care of the problem? I need to get ours fix but do not know what to expect, that is will it happen again, and should we go on and do some preventive maintance on the other side, or is that possible?

We are in Maine, no where near our dealer in Texas and are wondering if we should wait until we get home or seek out a dealer and get it done.

Joseph

arisce

As I write our unit is still at the dealer this is since June 12. The latest is that Hearland sent the wrong size mag wheel. I don't who to believe. The year guarantee is up in August-less than a month. I sure would like our unit back before the guarantee expires.

Trap

arcise what all did they have to do to your rig, 5 weeks and they haven't got it fixed yet. Is this a dealer or heartland problem. I can't beleive that it takes that long. Hopefully everything works out for you for the best.

Trap

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
canadian problems...

Wow hope your problems sre soon over. Our unit is back at the dealers also. Last time for 2 weeks and this time after 2 weeks it has not made it into the shop. They are way too busy and NOT taking anyone who has not bought from them. I do know that they have some parts and some of them have arrived damaged again from Heartland. So it looks like we will be taking our 3055rl back again for another round, and we don't have it back yet. If all of the parts could arrive and none damaged we could get on with using it....
Rand

jimtoo

I think, if the law holds true for trailers like on an automobile or truck, for every day that the unit is in a shop waiting to be repaired or being repaired, those days are added to the warranty peroid. You might ask some one smarter than me questions about this, but if it came down to splitting hairs on length of warranty, I think you would win.

arisce

Orphaned

Our unit is in for repairs at the dealer. We just found out that our dealer no longer sells Heartland products. We are orphaned. There is no other dealer here in Quebec. The dealer said because of poor service they dropped the Heartland line. I suspect that if I asked Heartland what happened they would say that they no longer deal with this dealer because of poor service. Perhaps Heartland could e-mail us to explain what happened. Also I have a suggestion about a great dealer that is not too far from us that could be a potentiel Heartland representative. Let me know.

arisce

BTW, I forgot to mention that when we were informed about above post we were there to pick up our unit but the job was so bad that we left without our unit. All people that had contacted me from our dealer were not there service manager, salesperson, etc.. I refused to take possession of our BH until the job was done properly. So our unit will stay there another week. I hope that they fix it properly. I will never return there again.

BTW, they did not volunteer this information. I asked them if they still sold BH and that's when they told me. Presumably they never were going to tell us. Also if you approach another dealer in Quebec to sell your products please let us know. As I said we do have a dealer that I recommend. Let us help each other out and all potential buyers-especialy from Quebec now that we are orphaned.

Last edited: