Leaky outside shower

Dmaxcc6spd

I noticed my outside shower leaking inside behind the propane tanks. It only leaks when the water is turned on. I assume just a loose fitting. Is there a way to access this from the backside, or do I need to unscrew the entire assembly and recaulk it?

If I have to recaulk, can I use a good latex or silicone caulk, or do I need special RV caulk?

Thanks.

lelandpa

We can get to ours from behind the bathroom sink, it's a tight squeeze but we had to fix ours too.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I noticed my outside shower leaking inside behind the propane tanks. It only leaks when the water is turned on. I assume just a loose fitting. Is there a way to access this from the backside, or do I need to unscrew the entire assembly and recaulk it?

If I have to recaulk, can I use a good latex or silicone caulk, or do I need special RV caulk?

Thanks.
If your Sundance is similar to our 2900, the access is in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. I had to lay down on the floor to see it and tighten it. Didn't need caulk - just needed to tighen the hose connections.

Sundance_kid

This is the only leak we've had, finally got tired of fighting it and pluged off the lines, as we never use the outside shower.