Closed hastily

azbound

I think Jim was to quick to close the Thread " Heartland and quality" This Thread was only seventeen hours old when I first read it and it had already been closed. I thought the idea of this forum was for Heartland owners to share ideas and information. I saw nothing offensive about the Thread and each of us are entitled to an opinion. I would like to hear what other Heartland owners feel about the Quality of their 5ers.

I personally feel my BH is of high quality, but then I had no expectations of a perfect trailer. I have always said if it is perfect GOD must have built it, man is incapable of perfection. I also know not all will agree with me and that is also OK. This is American and in this country we are entitled to our opinion. I would hope the Thread would be reopened so each of us can share our opinions on the quality of thier Heartland RV.

My opinion.

Bogger

Good post, and I agree. If there can't be any opinions other than "it's the best thing ever created", then the site isn't going anywhere, and certainly can't help Heartland make improvements. I didn't see anything offensive in the thread at all.

jbeletti

Hi guys,

Hey, are you talking about the thread that Larry (southern nights) created? If not, give me the link to the one you are talking about so I can review it. If you are talking about Larry's thread, please understand that Larry, the creator of the thread contacted me privately and asked me to "delete" the thread. He felt that the thread was heading towards a direction he had not intended and he did not want to be the catalyst for creating division among forum members here. I told him I'd prefer not to delete the record, but rather, close it. This way it can still be viewed. He was not opposed to this and hence, it was done. Please respect and put the OPs feelings first on this one.

Thanks.

Jim

talley

Jim, good call... rational and reasonable.

I have seen plenty of threads commenting on quality or lack thereof. And there will be other opportunities. I am in the catagory of owners who have experienced dissapointment in the early stages of ownership in the number of issues and problems we faced. These issues are now behind us and we are still happy with the BH... but understand the frustration that is periodicly expressed.

Thanks for your evenhand management of the site.

Jerry

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
As Jim said, I did ask him to delete it but compromised on closing it. As Jerry pointed out, Jim is evenhanded and perhaps deleting was too drastic.
I am not opposed to expressing opinions, in fact, that is what the post was supposed to do-make some of us think about our own opinions about this specific product (or others).
It appeared to me that it was turning into another platform to be used in a way I had never intended.

Delaine and Lindy

Thread Closing....

I'm sure most Mod's do the best they can. That being said IMO you can have one post bashing and 10 positive and the person reading the post who hasn't owned a 5th wheel will look and remember the bashing post. And in some cases will go to another forum and repeat the bashing or negative post and it will become more negative. When I see nagative post I will sometimes go and read their other post and then you can see from were they are coming from. I don't bash other manufactors I try to post from experience. GBY......

Bogger

Good call. I did not realize the original poster was the one who wanted it deleted. I understand completely. :)

azbound

Your call and I agree if that is what the OP wanted then close the Thread. As for being concerned that one bad/bashing review is something to fear or be concerned about. I disagree, we are all adults and have minds of our own. The few that ignore the complimenting post and savor the bashing post are just that type of people. To fear a bad review is to fear opinions that differ from your own.

I do not think that we should disallow negative comments, however the moderator has the duty to disallow a member from constantly bashing over and over. I recall when Jim was the moderator that he took steps when this type of activity took place. I think we all agree that was the appropriate thing to do.

talley

Your call and I agree if that is what the OP wanted then close the Thread. As for being concerned that one bad/bashing review is something to fear or be concerned about. I disagree, we are all adults and have minds of our own. The few that ignore the complimenting post and savor the bashing post are just that type of people. To fear a bad review is to fear opinions that differ from your own.

I do not think that we should disallow negative comments, however the moderator has the duty to disallow a member from constantly bashing over and over. I recall when Jim was the moderator that he took steps when this type of activity took place. I think we all agree that was the appropriate thing to do.

I agee... the moderators do a good job keeping the "dead horses" out of here.;)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I wish people would just post question about their concerns and problems instead of just complaining, bashing .. etc. We have a very large data base of people that mostly have had the same issues or maybe will have the same issues in the future after a few thousands miles. This is a very great resource! Just post a question not a complaint. I know I would rather answer an question and have the good feeling that I helped someone, then be involved with a posting fight.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I wish people would just post question about their concerns and problems instead of just complaining, bashing .. etc. We have a very large data base of people that mostly have had the same issues or maybe will have the same issues in the future after a few thousands miles. This is a very great resource! Just post a question not a complaint. I know I would rather answer an question and have the good feeling that I helped someone, then be involved with a posting fight.

My thoughts exactly, thanks....Kenny

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Me too Kenny, I was just reading some posts. Person has a problem and posts it. 10 people give them good advise....2 people jump all over it with snippy remarks. I remember the old saying and try to use it. "If you dont have anything nice to say..then dont say it". Now my mommy taught me that. So dont say anything bad about my mommy.

katkens

Kenny,
I just think it's great that Bob can remember something from so long ago. That's just wonderful! :D

HT, its because I gave him the recipe for Razor Soup and probably had some today. I sure try to help him stay sharp , seems nobody else will help and man does he need it.:D....Kenny

katkens

Well all I can say for you 2.......just wait until the July 2010 rally. ITS ON NOW :eek::eek:

Oh My..:eek:.. HT made me say it , its all his fault!!! Just make sure you take your Geritol and arthritis medicine before hand. I'm not to worried Kathy takes care of my light work anyway and remember Bob she's a REDHEAD.:D.....Kenny

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
This long left until showdown! :D

Heck, Kenny...he won't remember all this by next week, much less next year. Not even sure he'll find his way back to this thread. You know, the OldTimer's setting in and all. Poor guy. Poor Patty! Tough Lady.