Problems searching

rl7greg

I'm not too familiar with vBulletin, but it seems that the built in keyword search is not that effective. Everything I search for brings up 500 results. For example, search for: 'custom welded table legs'
...and you get matches in the first 10 results that have only matched the word 'legs'.

I didn't see a mod to vBulletin to search with quotations for phrases like "table legs", but it would help a great deal to be able to search with + and - options.

This mod maybe:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210595&highlight=search

edit - On second look, I think that mod is for searching tags, not keywords. So not as useful, but might help a little. I'll keep looking...

Last edited:

RubiconAg

Ok so with the forum upgrade the google search seems to have disapeared. I am a member of several online communities that run vBullitin and I actaully used to run one myself (note: 8+ years ago). I have never had any other forum with a search function that is as ineffective as this one. I know you guys have your hands full but when I have a problem (the current one is bad tire wear, suspect frame issues) using the search feature to look for others with the same problem is useless. I would love to see a little more attention to this feature.

FYI - Beletti, Linux and the others, you guys have done a superb job over the last couple of years with this site! Thanks!

linuxkidd

Hello RubiconAg,
Don't know if you noticed my post in the System Announcements area, but the Google search has been added back. Sorry for the inconvenience while we were get'n things straightened out.

You'll find it under the 'Advanced Search' drop down menu.

Thanks,
LK