Heartland 5th Wheels with U-Dinettes and Multiple Queen Beds?

Buckwheat

Good afternoon - 1st post on this site.

I have had an opportunity to see a number of Heartland 5th Wheels and Toy Haulers and am quite impressed with the overall quality and styling of the coaches.

Our family has a few unique needs for a floor plan and would like to see if there is a model that accommodates our needs.

We are a family of 4. I'm 6'4, my wife is 5'9 and our kids are 11 and 13 and both show promise of growing taller.

We saw the 35QSQB http://www.heartlandrvs.com/models.html?model_id=272&id=13&name=Elk+Ridge&type=Luxury+Fifth+Wheels, and while we loved the concept of a separate kids room, both of our kids are already too tall for the bunks that reside in the aft bedroom. In addition, the dinette table in the main living room is placed between the slide wall and the couch, which would make legroom and overall seating comfort quite cramped.

Here's my question: In a model such as the 35 QSQB, would it be possible to custom-order a U-Dinette for the living room and possibly two queen beds (or even dual hide-a-bed couches) for the aft kids room? Not sure how you'd need to re-arrange the couch set up for this, but think about how the U-Dinette is inside the Cyclone 3950 and put that into the 35QSQB.

By the way, I realize the Cyclone 3950 meets my needs very well, I'm just not in need of a Toy Hauler with Triple Axles that weights 14,000 pounds empty...

Thanks and I hope this post makes sense... If you have any other ideas, please feel free to share.

jimtoo

Hi Buckwheat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information. We hope you enjoy the forum.

I would suggest that you contact your dealer, or a dealer and see if they can contact the factory for you. It's not likely the factory will make that much of a change, but you never know. If not the factory there are lots of dealers that can change things around for you or modify the interior.

Jim M