Michelin XPS

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
Hey gang. Its been a long while since I posted on here. I know tires have been and are still a big issue. I just ordered the Michelin XPS for my 2006 Bighorn 3055RL. I am replacing my second set of Missions. I just hope they fit OK being they are the 235/85. I am not usually one to deviate from factory but after reading here and other forums, it seems they will work great. Any further input appreciated. I will let you know how they work out.

geeksrus

I had the XPS Ribs, L235/85 R16's installed in January 2008. The only issue was the gap between the tires was smaller so I had to get new 'face plates' for the Roto-Choks.

Eh!

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
xps

I had the XPS Ribs, L235/85 R16's installed in January 2008. The only issue was the gap between the tires was smaller so I had to get new 'face plates' for the Roto-Choks.

Eh!

Yeah, no problem with the between gap. I can deal with that as long as no other problems. Thanks for your input.

jbeletti

For anyone contemplating a move to the Goodyear G614 RST LR G tire, in my latest Camping World flier, they have them on sale for $286. That's the mounted, balanced, installed and disposal fees price. And there is still a $25 rebate per tire available through the end of this month. $286 is not inexpensive but $261 (net of rebate) installed is nicer :)

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
For anyone contemplating a move to the Goodyear G614 RST LR G tire, in my latest Camping World flier, they have them on sale for $286. That's the mounted, balanced, installed and disposal fees price. And there is still a $25 rebate per tire available through the end of this month. $286 is not inexpensive but $261 (net of rebate) installed is nicer :)

Jim, that is an awesome price for the Goodyears. I am getting the Michelin XPS for $230 installed, balanced, and all new stems. Thanks for the goodyear info though.

I have the Michelin XPS tires on our 3055RL and the fit just fine. Plenty of clearance everywhere.

ChopperBill

I put 245 Ribs on mine a few years back. I dont see how the 235's would have given me much clearance. They have been great! Best part is I cant remember when I had to adjust the air pressure. Always a pound or two around 80 lbs of air depending on the temp.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Nice tire, have the ribs on the coach for three years now. Wearing very nice, and the pressure stays right on. Works real nice with the disk brakes!

rjr6150

Jim I just received a new flyer in the mail nothing about tires though also checked their web site nothing. Do you recall what was on the front page of this flyer.

jbeletti

Randy,

My flier has ON SALE on the front page and Camping World Annual Clearance Event. Prices good through October 5th.

Maybe it went to President's Club members only? It has my PC number on the label.

Come in or call today: 877-273-2025 (hard to get tire installs by phone though).

Jim

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I personally have had bad luck with goodyear, my last ones blistered (the size of a soft ball) found out the manufacture under rated the tires for the unit (not heartland). I got xps at costco filled with nitrigen. I had to do the swap myself in the parking lot. that was no problem. they sure maintain the proper air presure. that was 3 years ago, have not touched them yet. won't either as it is getting traded for a Landmark.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have had Michelin XP Ribs since the day I pulled my Bighorn off the dealers lot. I have not been disappointed for a second. As Chainsaw said, I have not had to worry about loosing pressure. I had the frame drop down on the two on the door side and they still never lost air. Had to replace them because the frame made a grove in the tire as wide and thick as my finger.

I have been looking at going to Goodyear 614 however, it has been suggested that the XP Rib with it's strong sidewalls can take about the same stress as the 614's that are G load range.

I would highly recommend the Michlen XPS Ribs..

BC

Cyncwby

Chainsaw.....you said that you had bad luck with Goodyear, I'll assume they were the Marathons since the 614's could not possibly be underated for a 32' 5th wheel.

geeksrus

I have had Michelin XP Ribs since the day I pulled my Bighorn off the dealers lot. I have not been disappointed for a second. As Chainsaw said, I have not had to worry about loosing pressure. I had the frame drop down on the two on the door side and they still never lost air. Had to replace them because the frame made a grove in the tire as wide and thick as my finger.

I have been looking at going to Goodyear 614 however, it has been suggested that the XP Rib with it's strong sidewalls can take about the same stress as the 614's that are G load range.

I would highly recommend the Michlen XPS Ribs..

BC

I too had a similar experience when one of the leaf springs snapped... the frame dropped and created 3 groves around the tread of the 2 tires on one side. Didn't loose any air:). Had to purchase 2 new ones:eek: but as the insurance adjuster said if it hadn't been for the quality of the tires, you might have had a blow out that cause a lot more damage.

Eh!

Retired CPO

Bighorn - Tires, Tires, Tires

Jim,
That 800 number you gave us is strickly for Mail Order only. They will look up the number of the store closest to you though.

jbeletti

Thanks Gary. Hopefully when you get hold of the store, they will honor the price. Let us know - time is running out on the rebate (9/30) and the sale (10/5).

Jim

porthole

Retired

H'mmm, $1050 for 4, plus 4 new wheels.

I sure would have liked to swap the tires that were optional on the other lines for $750.00. :cool:

rjr6150

Called our Nebraskaland tire dealer in Sidney and 4 tires mounted balanced with steel valve stems $1060 not including the $25 rebate being mounted next Thursday:eek:

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
I got my XPS ribs put on today. Thanks to all of you for input. They fit fine and clearances are fine. I have tried my best to find something bad about these tires and its just not out there. I can finally travel without worry.

airedale

factory change..

Jim....my 3055 is so young it doesnt have a vin # yet.....while it's upside down on the line is it possible to have the tires changed from E to G rating and would you have any idea what this might cost.....tnks....pete