leakage

cableman

We are camping in Virginia beach and had alot of rain yesterday. This is the first time the slide was out when it was raining. The carpet at the bottom of the dinette slide and the plywood from the seat was damp. We own the 24RL north trail and was wondering if anyone has an idea as to where this is coming from. :confused:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This may sound strange, but check to make sure the windows in that area are shut tight. We thought we had one shut all the way, but it wasn't and we got quite a bit of water coming in under it. Also, check the weep holes on the window and make sure they aren't blocked with debris or paint.

Leak in NEW 2010 North Trail

Just returned from our maiden voyage/trip with our brand new North Trail 21FRB TT. We had noticed the black seal material around the storage hatch doors in the front was loose in a couple places. The dealer reglued it when we took delivery.

Had a heavy rainfall and woke up to rain on both sides of floor inside :eek:. Also rainwater in the front belly storage compartment. Expect the seal material is the issue. Anybody else have similar problems. It is a 200 mile drive (one way) to take it back to the dealer we purchased from so we would hope it is a simple fix here at home.

Other than this, we LOVE the unit and the quality.:)

Your input would be appreciated.
Linda
Ariel, Washington

cableman

Thanks for the input, We did have that window open and not real sure if it was shut tight. the wife and I are pointing fingers right now. the weep holes will be checked in the daylight tomorrow.

rick_debbie_gallant

same problem on my front seal rubber. came unglued. I also think they cut it to short and stretched it to much to fit properly. I have a list of stuff to get fixed (hopefully) at the dealer tomorrow.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks for the input, We did have that window open and not real sure if it was shut tight. the wife and I are pointing fingers right now. the weep holes will be checked in the daylight tomorrow.

Feel your pain but us guy's know who opened the window.;) It had to be the DW , they always manage the inside stuff. That is till something needs fixed.:D.....Kenny

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Feel your pain but us guy's know who opened the window.;) It had to be the DW , they always manage the inside stuff. That is till something needs fixed.:D.....Kenny

I'm just glad there are so many of us on here with warped senses of humor:eek:. It feels good to not be the only one:D.