cyclone 3010

txrider

I would like to say Hi to everyone. This is my first post to this website. I am looking at the new cyclone 3010. I really like this plan but I am concerened about the size of the garage. I own a full dress harley and Im not worried about it fitting. But I also have a yamaha rhino and wanted to make sure it fit before spending any money. I measured the rhino and its nine feet five inches. The grage states its 10 foot. A guy I met has a 12 grage and his rhino fits fine. I was wanting to know if any owner could give me a real measurment of the wall to the back door and the hight from the floor to the bottom of the bed when rasied. Also any pics would be great. Thanks for you time and any information. Gary

bigredtruck

I'm pretty sure that someone else on the forum has a rhino in their Cyclone and it is fine. especially because the 3010 has no loft bed (I'm pretty sure).

txrider

The one Im looking at does have the two beds in the back. I think it has a 7 foot door on that model and an 8 foot on the bigger models. If my math is close it should fit but I want to make sure. thanks

porthole

Retired
I can do this later (measure).
But, the door is 7' and the length is 10'.

If you are thinking of tying down a 9.5' toy you will need to add some tie down points. There are only eight in the 3010 and there are none in the middle at the rear.
The tie downs are also not near the outside walls, they are screwed (drill point screws, no nuts) into the trailer's frame rails. The floor is one inch thick though, so some good mounts and backers just about anywhere should be good.

I plan on adding the aircraft stuff, ATB. It is listed as optional in the Cyclone owners manual, but not on the websites.

I would prefer to mount my own anyway.

Just got back from our 3rd week long trip and having fun with it. I would have liked a 12' garage though. Just like a boat!

combine_billy

I think I read in another post that they are coming out with a new model - 3612 - soon that will have a 12 ft garage with 2 slides.

porthole

Retired
I think I read in another post that they are coming out with a new model - 3612 - soon that will have a 12 ft garage with 2 slides.

I looked at the pictures, looks very similar to SOB I looked at on the other side of Elkhart.

The things I didn't like about that one are the same with the the new 3612 :cool:

Very happy with our layout. If the truck wasn't the issue there would be a 3950 in the driveway :eek:

Anyone find the floor plan yet for the 3612?

txrider,
We have the 3010 floor plan and love it, so far no problems with the exception of a small water leak where the line connects to the hot water heater, just a quick tighten to fix. We have been hauling our rhino with a few inches to spare front and back, I have 26" mudlite tires and have a couple of inches to spare between the rhino roof and the bottom of the bed. You should have no problems getting your rhino and bike in.
We had the Fuzion made by keystone for about a year, was never really happy with the build quality. Sold it and bought the Cyclone, never been happier.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We had the Fuzion made by keystone for about a year, was never really happy with the build quality. Sold it and bought the Cyclone, never been happier.

Personally, I'm glad to hear about the Fuzion. I considered one (for about 15 minutes) while at the show where I bought my Cyclone. Never had 2nd thoughts about the Heartland.

If the truck wasn't the issue there would be a 3950 in the driveway :eek:

I hear you...currently in the long, slow process of trying to convince the DW we NEED a MDT or Freightliner M2! Put me on your prayer lists! It's gonna take a while, I can tell you right now. :)

porthole

Retired
a small water leak where the line connects to the hot water heater, just a quick tighten to fix.

Doesn't matter if it is the cheapest or most expensive trailer made, those fittings tend to leak after there have been several "pressure-no pressure" - "heat -no heat" cycles.

You should take a few minutes and snug them all up and ease your worries.

txrider

Thanks for the input. My rhino has a 3 in lift and 27" tires. I just liked the 3010 didnt want a real big camper. We dont use it as much as I would like to so I dont want to by a larger camper that will only be used 6 or 7 times a year.

combine_billy

Thanks for the input. My rhino has a 3 in lift and 27" tires. I just liked the 3010 didnt want a real big camper. We dont use it as much as I would like to so I dont want to by a larger camper that will only be used 6 or 7 times a year.

I went big and my goal is 6-7 times a year.