why no sky lights as options?

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We are ordering our Augusta for 2011, but we find that Heartland does not have domestic sky lights or any sky lights as an option, why? Our dealer cannot answer the question.
chainsaw

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I suspect the answer will be that they just don't:confused:. Same reason Ford doesn't offer a system like On-Star. You may have better luck getting an answer if you post this in the "Landmark - Ask the Factory" section.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have a skylight in the shower in our Landmark. I wouldn't want one anywhere else...there are already enough holes in the roof with all the vents, ACs, and fans.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have a skylight in the bath over the shower too in our Bighorn.

One reason that they are not optional is because they are another opening in the roof, possible leaks etc. and allow heat into the trailer in the summer.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a skylight in my Bighorn shower also, however I have it blocked to keep a lot of light coming in before we get up in the morning. I like the head room it gives but I will most likely be painting mine black soon. Sun light coming in at 5 or 6 am does interrupt the sleeping.

BC

K

Kevin_Finn

We put 1 skylight in the shower area to increase headroom and allow natural light to come in. We do not offer skylights in other areas.
Why? Never really had anyone reguest them in other areas, also the roofs are busy with different wiring and air ducts running through it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I suppose if you wanted to, you could install a "smoke" colored dome on the fantastic fan vents. I haven't checked but they may be available through fantastic fans website. I think the existing dome has a pin extending down to shut the fan off when it closes. Otherwise any aftermarket dome would work, you would just have to remember to turn off the exhaust fan.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We put 1 skylight in the shower area to increase headroom and allow natural light to come in. We do not offer skylights in other areas.
Why? Never really had anyone reguest them in other areas, also the roofs are busy with different wiring and air ducts running through it.

Thanks for the reply, would it happen if you got a request? or is interuping your line a non discussion? I do understand about production.
Chainsaw

K

Kevin_Finn

I'm sorry but we would not be able to put it in anywhere else.

Thank you