Bighorn 3400rl

creeper

Anyone towing this unit with a F250 diesel? If so, how does it handle, etc..

Thanks.....:D

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I can tell you that I am towing a 3400RL with a 1996 Chey F350 454 Vortec gas with manual shift. This coach pulls a lot easyer than my past 33 foot coach and this coach was also not as heavy as the 3400RL is. The wind flow over the front of this coach makes a great difference as well as the back end design makes a big difference on wind drag. Make sure your tires have 70 pounds as well as your pickup and this well help also. Evans & Lana

As you can see in my signature i'm pulling a 3500RL with a F-250 Powerstroke. No problems at all. It pulls and feels better behind the truck than my past RV a 28' TT.

svd

I am pulling our 3400 with an F-350, and have absolutely no problems. I did not purchase the slider hitch, and have had no problems. I do not have Mor/ryde, and the coach rides fine. We had a choice between a unit with Mor/ryde, and one without. We really liked the unit without, and the dealer explained that the unit was well balanced, and that we shouldn't need it. I called the Mor/ryde factory and found out it could be added for around $900, so we bought the unit without with the idea that I could add it if I really needed to. So far, so good.

ChopperBill

Just another thought: This is the first FW I have ever pulled. If anyone is familiar with I-25 between Denver and Fort Collins they know I gave it a true test. Was expecting to Jarred out of my seat on the cement super slab. Between the B&W hitch and Mor/Ryde suspension and great BH engineering the thing rode like riding on a cloud! No need to spend money on fancy pants hitches!

Uncle Rog

I pull a 3600 RL with a 3/4 ton GMC Duramax / Allison with no problem at all. The ford, even with the lower torque and ratings, should still drag a 3400 along...........

nhunter

A 3/4 ton might just be over weight as my F-350 is barely under with a 3600RL. Just something to check.