Slide does not fully extend

gerry

I don't know if this has always been the case, but the center slide (fridge, stove section) of our Bighorn 3670 does not fully extend. In fact, there is approximately 3 inches of the exterior that I can see from inside my kitchen. My wife noticed it immediately when we opened up following our trip to Elkhart.

I've closed and re-opened it several times, with the same result. There are no unusual sounds coming from the motor as mentioned in some of the other threads.

Does anyone have ideas how to resolve this without another trip to a dealer or Elkhart?

jimtoo

Sounds like you may have something under the slide. Maybe something fell off counter or was not put up and got under the slide on the floor. You might run slide in part way and look from the end with flashlight to see if something is there.

Jim M

gerry

Thanks, Jim. Found a little corn holder that had rolled under the slider. Wish everything was this simple!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jim, I would think you stick it in the end of corn-on-the-cob so you can hold on to it with out burning your fingers. Kathy:)

Last edited:

jimtoo

Jim, I would think you stick it in the end of corn-on-the-cob so you can hold on to it with out burning your fingers. Kathy:)

Hmmm... I just drench mine in butter and stuff (none fattin type)None till it's cool enough to eat, then I don't need nothing to stick in the end of the cob. Just lick all the good juice off'en my fingers and wipe em on my shirt,,, :p napkin,,,then we save the cob for other things that don't need a holder...:eek::D:D:D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Hey Kathy...to hold the slide out three inches, I think it might have been one of the those little "corn trays", you know the ones that look like an ear of corn, that you use to butter it up...:) I know what they went thru...remember my "bottled water story"?

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kathy, You may be right forgot about them. and yes I do we have all had silly things happened to us. Because of what happened to you I am very careful with sitting things on the floor when traveling. Buy the way thanks for the info Kathy:D

imchud

Hey Jim,
How about the Sears Catalog... Is it the corn cob first then the catalog or the other way around... :confused:

jimtoo

Hey Jim,
How about the Sears Catalog... Is it the corn cob first then the catalog or the other way around... :confused:

Kinda depends on the time of the year imchud, towards the last part of summer, if' n we had a decent crop, the corn last till about Christmas, then it gets purty dry,, by then we start getting all them catalogs to hold us thru the winter and, and you know,,, they are using paper that is so slick nowdays, that they don't really do a good job..then come sping,,.then we get more catalogs, mostly showing them skimpey bathing suits and stuff, theire kinda nice to look at when your alone,,, but they hold us over till harvest time again.... cause I tell you... them old dried cobs after the pigs chewed on'em just don't work to good,,, besides that ,,, they kinda rough.:D

imchud

Kinda depends on the time of the year imchud, towards the last part of summer, if' n we had a decent crop, the corn last till about Christmas, then it gets purty dry,, by then we start getting all them catalogs to hold us thru the winter and, and you know,,, they are using paper that is so slick nowdays, that they don't really do a good job..then come sping,,.then we get more catalogs, mostly showing them skimpey bathing suits and stuff, theire kinda nice to look at when your alone,,, but they hold us over till harvest time again.... cause I tell you... them old dried cobs after the pigs chewed on'em just don't work to good,,, besides that ,,, they kinda rough.:D

Jim,
Thats great :D:D.... and your correct about how slick those pages get , they don't offer enough "drag" like the ones in the old days.

Tommy