Back on the Road

Tom of Ypsi

Just want to let everyone know that they can start looking for my Landmark on the road again. Picked it up a 4 pm today, going to wash her down tomorrow and finally go camping this weekend :D . I got two new tires on the door side, Goodyears, to replace the ones that were ruined when my springs failed. Now I have two different tires but the specs are the same so I do not think there is any problem there.
If it were not for Scott Tuttle and Jim Fenner from Heartland I do not know when I would have had my coach fixed. Thanks guys for being there when it was really needed.
Another big thank you goes to Jim Beletti for being my voice at times. He talked to Scott for me at times and was trying to get me to the rally. Great forum and good hard work on his part has made this one of the premier sites.
Another thank you goes to each and everyone of you that wished me luck in trying to get my coach fixed and to the rally and just showing concern and encouragement.
Glad to be back, happy camping, be safe and hope to see you all on the road.

Trap

Glad your up and running again, you still got a lot of summer to enjoy. If all goes well hopefully we'll have our new bighorn by then and cvan see ya at the rally next year.

Trap

jbeletti

That's great news Tom!

Consider posting your camping plans for the summer on the Heartland sightings forum. If any of us can make it, we'll meet up with you somewhere for at least a 2 trailer rally!

Jim

Princess Kathleen

Hello to all,
Thanks for your good thoughts, prayers, and kind words through these past days....
Vance is doing much better, in fact, we picked up the Luv Shak from the artist on Thursday and headed to my son's campground on Toledo Bend...(www.toledobendresort.com). We are still taking it easy, relaxing, and resting. We plan to do some canoing, fishing, and swimming, bird watching (James, my son, has seen 17 pairs of bald eagles that nest near the campground).
We are still sorting through the boxes and trying to organize the basement and the inside storage area.
After the doctor's appointment at the end of June, we plan to head out to South Dakota to take care of some business on becoming a resident of SD.
As soon as Vance takes some pictures of the Luv Shak I will post them. Boy, have we turned heads, slowed traffic, and answered questions....
Again thank you from the bottom of my heart....

PK

Zac

Tom,
Not to be nosy, but since we are planning on buying a Landmark Grand Canyon, what caused your springs to fail?

Tom of Ypsi

Zac, You are not being nosey that is what this forum is all about, to ask questions, give input and to learn.
The springs actually did not fail, the bolts holding the springs on the spring bracket appeared to never had a nut put on. This is according to the dealer and what it looked like to me. When the bolt worked its way out the coach dropped on the door side onto the frame tweaking the springs and spring brackets plus ruining two tires. The dealer was very lacks in ordering parts, and getting me back on the road. Heartland, Scott Tuttle and Jim Fenner in particular, tried to get me on the road sooner but the dealer failed both of us.