TV size

cdnrver

I emailed a question to Heartland a couple weeks ago but got no response so I'll post my question here in case a Heartland representative reads this section (I originally posted my question under the TV section but got no definite answer)

We have a 2009 Sundance 2900mk.

According to my measurements, there is enough room to fit a 32" LCD TV on the wall between the base and upper cabinet.

The weight of the LCDs that I am looking at are as follows:

26" = weighs approx 17.9 lbs

32" = weighs approx 25.6 lbs

* not sure how much the support bracket weighs
(wall mount http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...atid=#MoreInfo)

I understand that the studs are wood and there is a 3/4" backer board inside the wall near the center.

My question is:

Will the design of the wood backer in the wall support the weight of a 32" LCD + the bracket,

or

Will it only support the weight of a 26" + bracket.

I would prefer to buy a 32" but will settle on the 26" if the weight is an issue.

Thanks

D

Dave Willis

We are using 32" TV's in the Sundance's now and we have a strong enough backer to hold it.

Thanks,

donr827

Check the weights of the two tvs again. The 8 pound difference sounds like a lot. One weight might include a base while the other one does not. I just installed a 32" Samsung and it's weight without the base was 20 pounds.
Don

cdnrver

@ donr827: the weights that I listed are for the Sony Bravia 26" (17.9 lbs) and the Sony Bravia 32" (25.6 lbs) both without the stands attached.

@ davewillis: your statement "we have a strong enough backer to hold it" - does that mean that you added something extra to the wall to support the tv or are you referring to the existing backer support that is built inside the wall.

@ mc9: I'm wondering is the backer support is the same in my 2009 as it is in your 2010 or if they added more support for the 2010s - the reason I put my question in the factory section is because some have said it will take a 32" while others have said 26" is the max - hopefully a rep will clear that up

D

Dave Willis

The current backers that are in the wall are strong enough to hold a 32" TV. You should use a 1 and half inch wood screw for the TV bracket. That is the size that we use in the plant.

Thanks,

Duramax1

Dave....

You used the phrase "current backers".

I have a 2009, manufactured in June of 2008. Would the "current backers" have been used in the manufacture of my Sundance?

D

Dave Willis

We have been putting backers for the TV's in since we started building the Sundance! For anyone out there that wants to mount a 32" or smaller TV on the wall we have adequate backers in the Sundance walls to do so!

Thanks,

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
New Install of 32" Vizio

I didn't like the smaller TV in the cabinet of our 3200es Sundance and decided to install a 32" Vizio and give the DW more Storage. I am attaching 3 pics taken from the Blackberry. Ihope you can see them. I used Oak wood cut to 3" and Piano Hinge. I also used 2 brass hinges to lock it in place while traveling. I rerouted the cables together on the side. After this build I installed a 25" in the bedroom with a arm. pics of it to come.

Attachments

• IMG00055.jpg
    IMG00055.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG00057.jpg
    IMG00057.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG00059.jpg
    IMG00059.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 58