Sundance.5th whl.. how much range on front supports

Gentlemen,

I got a little shy about extending and retracting the front supports after reading about blowing fuses after retract bottoming out. I marked a safe retract line on my Sundance Ultralight front support.

In order to get the front down low enough to achieve an acceptable degree of levelness front to back, I have had to leave the manual portion(slide section w/series of 3/8 inch holes) of the legs up at least one notch. In order to lift the rig high enough to get it off the truck I have had to use about five inches of extension.

How much range does it have, don't want to have it binding up "at the top" if that is indeed possible? :confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ultralight, While I've never tested nor measured the full extension of the front landing legs, I normally extend them about 6 inches before pulling the pin to drop the inner legs. In the 6 years we've owned a 5ver we have not had a problem. The owners of 5th wheels with the dropped frame in front may not have the same distance to the ground as I do. If you do test the waters and extend them as far as they'll go, listen carefully for the motor to strain and stop as soon as you hear it. By the way, I've moved your thread into a more appropriate section of the forum so more members will view it.

Last edited:

DntDctr

I went too far with my sundance and the fuse blew. No biggie, better than the motor. They extend at least 18".....At least mine do.