Lubrication maintenance

sidney dreyfus

After 6,000 miles I am having my wheel bearings repacked, my Trail Air Equalizer lubed. Are there other areas that need to be lubed?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
sidney, there are a couple more things that I do. This may be over kill but grease is cheap. If you have the electric front landing gear, go into the garage and at the top of each leg there is a plastic cap. If you pop them off and look down you will see some gears. I give those a little grease as well as a little oil on the shaft. Also check your hitch for any zerc fittings. My Curt has a few. I also lube the rear stabilizer screw gear with a non dirt attracting lube and give a shot of oil to all pivot points there as well as the folding steps. I may be missing something, but that's all I do.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Sidney,

Just wanted to let you know I moved your question to the open forum area of general maintenance. You will get a lot better answers to your question here from owners. The factory might give you recomendations, but owners will give you more information from their experience I think.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is in the Lippert manual for hydraulic slides

5. If jacks are down and slideouts extended for long periods, it is recommended to
spray exposed leveling jack and slideout cylinder rods with a silicone lubricant
every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty environment, it​
is recommended to spray the rods every 2 to 3 days.

Glad I found it now, after my slides and jacks have been extended since May :(

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The guy who repaired my slides at Lippert recommended CRC Lubricant. He said it lasts a long time and doesn't attract dirt.

rick_debbie_gallant

Sorry about this: but does CRC stand for "cant remember crap"? If it does then I better stop using it as a hair tonic. I have been using it because it does not attract dirt.:rolleyes:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is an intresting subject but there are a nimber of other things that might be done at the end of a travel season also. Such as replace the HW heater Anode. The rods are cheap and will protect your water heater. I like the info about the slides and landing gear. I need to do this on mine this year.

I also change the Transmission oil and filter every year in my TV.

I also have to look at the zerts on my Mor/Ryde system.

Are there any other things that we need to do evey years end??

This is a great subject.. Thanks for starting it..

BC

sidney dreyfus

Lube Maintenance

Thanks for all your suggestions regarding lubrication of the BigHorn. I forgot to mention that since I was having the bearings and electric brakes checked I might as well rotate the tires.

wdk450

All Inclusive "Annual" List

If somebody has generated such a document, an all-inclusive yearly maintenence check list for the Heartland RV products. This woould have sections on appliances, systems (i.e. water, sewer, electrical), roof, exterior, slides (including seals), suspension & frame (including tires), and hitch.
This would be a great addition to the information pages on this website.:D

geeksrus

If you have the electric front landing gear, go into the garage and at the top of each leg there is a plastic cap. If you pop them off and look down you will see some gears. I give those a little grease as well as a little oil on the shaft.

Trying to follow your advise... but my landing gear doesn't seem to have caps on the top. Am I missing something??? or maybe I don't full understand to what you are referring!
Pictures might help!

Thanks Eh!

geeksrus

If somebody has generated such a document, an all-inclusive yearly maintenence check list for the Heartland RV products. This woould have sections on appliances, systems (i.e. water, sewer, electrical), roof, exterior, slides (including seals), suspension & frame (including tires), and hitch.
This would be a great addition to the information pages on this website.:D

I use a Software Package called VRS plus. Send me your email address to cgawkk@gmail.com & I'll forward a print image copy of my maintenance schedule.
Eh!

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Geeks, does this help?

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00761.JPG
    DSC00761.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00762.JPG
    DSC00762.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00763.JPG
    DSC00763.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00764.JPG
    DSC00764.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 87

porthole

Retired
Oh my - this is all that's trying to lift 2-4000 pounds?????

For some reason I thought it would be a little more substantial :eek:

Attachments

• DSC00764.JPG
    DSC00764.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 49

geeksrus

What is it?

It is a maintenance scheduling system that allows you to schedule activities by mileage and/or monthly intervals. Lots of other functions also.
It is free if you use it for 3 or less vehicles. I use it for my truck & 5er. Weekly, I print a list that shows me what items are due.
This is the website: http://www.kjon.com/

Eh!