Square sandwich cooker

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Does anybody have a different concoction for these cookers? Last weekend we made pie filling sandwiches in them as well as ham and cheeze, then went to sausage sandwiches. Has anyone else ventured with these things? They great to get the kids to cook and eat.
Chainsaw

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We make all kinds of stuff. Pizza being my favorite. Just had ham and cheese last week end. MMM Cant beat the cast iron ones.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK.. What is a square sandwich cooker??

I have heard of the George Forman cookers??

How about some pictures...

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OK.. What is a square sandwich cooker??

I have heard of the George Forman cookers??

How about some pictures...

BC
I don't have pictures but it's one of those cast iron or cast aluminum thingys on the end of rods that you stick into a campfire to cook whatever you have inside. Butter up a couple pieces of bread, put in your fillings, close the thing up and cook away. I'll bet a picture or a link appears in a few minutes. here ya go http://www.uniquegardensandgifts.com/Square-Cast-Iron-Pie-Iron/cid2129skuR-1705

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Cool... I just ordered two... One for me and one for the grandkids... Hee Heee Daughter will be happy about this....

BC

DntDctr

no question the best desert is peanutbutter and chocolate chips......Melted reeses.......Try it, you'll love it!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You know were raised in the sticks. We didn't have new fangled things like this out were we raised. We put sticks in hotdogs and marshmellows, toasted bread in a hot cast iron skillet. Mom use to make fried pies by makin dough, putting fried apples inside and cookin them in Crisco.

I look forward to having fun with our grandkids. Thanks for the ideas..

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know when grilling outdoors became popular but I remember when I was a kid I used to take a Hot Dog on a big ol fork and cook it right over the flame on my Mom's stovetop. Wrap it in a piece of plain bread and it was good to go.

tdharley

Ruebens

We do Rueben sanwiches & Cubans

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmm

I use the round ones, I find they dont burn around the edges, also use a non stick spray

DntDctr

BIG ZD. Yes on do you put it between the bread. Butter both outer sides of bread with peanutbutter and chocolate as the filling. Toast her up and enjoy....

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Does anybody have a different concoction for these cookers? Last weekend we made pie filling sandwiches in them as well as ham and cheeze, then went to sausage sandwiches. Has anyone else ventured with these things? They great to get the kids to cook and eat.
Chainsaw

Hi chainsaw! we actually used leftovers in our refrig. ( I remember these from my childhood) LOL and that's really telling on me!
chili, beef stew, mac&cheese, whatever was left is what we put in and had a great sandwich! We got very creative with ours.:):D