What is the Trail air Level Up Hydraulic Leveling System with Remote?

orkirk

What is the Trail air Level Up Hydraulic Leveling System with Remote?

We are going to order a 3600 RE for full timing and looking for all the help we can get. Is this a option ? I don't remember seeing that on the list. If you could give me some info and prices on this Leveling system I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time. orkirk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It is a hydraulic leveling system available from Lippert/Trail Air. Weather or not it can be had as an option through Heartland, I don't know. I know at the rally they were offering them to rally goers for around $2400 installed. Heartland should respond by Monday.

jbeletti

orkirk,

At this time, Heartland is not offering this system as an option. It's a nice system however and as a full timer, it's a great addition to your house.

For Level-Up Information/quotes:
Kara Hunt
karahunt@trailair.com
800-998-4238

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It is a hydraulic leveling system available from Lippert/Trail Air. Weather or not it can be had as an option through Heartland, I don't know. I know at the rally they were offering them to rally goers for around $2400 installed. Heartland should respond by Monday.

Ray is correct, however, the price that was quoted at the rally was ONLY for the 4 jacks around the tires. With a Bighorn, which comes with electric front landing gear, you need to have them upgraded to hydraulics for the entire system to work. This involves an additional cost...check with Trailair for a quote for your specific rig.

I will say though, that being fulltime, this is one expense I'm REALLY glad we did...worth every penny!!!:D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray is correct, however, the price that was quoted at the rally was ONLY for the 4 jacks around the tires. With a Bighorn, which comes with electric front landing gear, you need to have them upgraded to hydraulics for the entire system to work. This involves an additional cost...check with Trailair for a quote for your specific rig.

I will say though, that being fulltime, this is one expense I'm REALLY glad we did...worth every penny!!!:D
Ken & Kathy, Do you know how much weight the Level Up added to your rig? This might be a nice Tax Return purchase. Of course I still want to consider disc brakes. I suppose Safety First...

Delaine and Lindy

I have Disk Brakes and the Level-up system, I have had Disk Brakes on several 5th wheels and this is my second Level-up system. Disk Brakes should be a standard option on all 5th wheel, just for the saftey of all. The Level up system is just awesome, I personally want have a 5th wheel without a Level Up system. It is much more than a time saver. I now have very little movement in my 5th wheel, and I don't use any other support except the 6 hydraulic jack. I think if you ever see how this system works you will buy the Level up system. No we aren't full timing but I still believe you should have the Level Up system, it will save you many hours, which can be used in enjoying this wonderful life we are living. And don't forget you only live one time, and you don't know when that last day will come. Good Luck with your choice. GBY.....

kakampers

Ken & Kathy, Do you know how much weight the Level Up added to your rig? This might be a nice Tax Return purchase. Of course I still want to consider disc brakes. I suppose Safety First...

Hey Ray...I think the total weight for all 4 additional legs only added about 80 lbs. The hydraulic front landing gear did add maybe 10-15 lbs total. The entire change was probably just under 100 lbs. Well worth it for what they can accomplish. Each leg can lift 7,000lbs...which means all six can handle over 40,000lbs...don't think we can overload that...:rolleyes:

dieselengineer

Charter Member
You should have both, and it would be nice if they were factory options from Heartland. I have completed the change over to disk brakes and the install is not that hard as long as you have all the parts and tools to complete the change. I walk by the old drums sitting in the garage and think how enjoyable towing is now.

truknutt

Committed Member
You should have both, and it would be nice if they were factory options from Heartland. I have completed the change over to disk brakes and the install is not that hard as long as you have all the parts and tools to complete the change. I walk by the old drums sitting in the garage and think how enjoyable towing is now.

Ooo, ooo, Will you convert the 6 on the Cyclone, too? ;) Correctly though?!!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Dave
It is not that hard, running the brake line and making all the flare connections is the hardest part. Two extra wheels would not be that much more work.

porthole

Retired
Can you order disc brakes on the BH? I didn't see that option. That would be a plus.

NO, but you can pick up the trailer in Elkhart and then head over to Mor/Ryde and have it done in a day, 2 days if you add the independent suspension.

Each leg can lift 7,000lbs...which means all six can handle over 40,000lbs...don't think we can overload that...

Can you jack the tires off the ground?

Dave
It is not that hard, running the brake line and making all the flare connections is the hardest part. Two extra wheels would not be that much more work.

6 wheels would probably really benefit from the 1/4" lines too.

trvlrerik

This may be a stupid question, but where is the master cylinder? does it use the trucks' master or is it a remote electric controlled master cylinder?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mor-Ryde will put the master cylinder wherever you want. They put ours in the front basement right below the hydraulic fluid container. BTW the Mor-Ryde disc brakes use standard GM rotors, calipers and pads in their system so if you need to replace them you can get the parts at any auto parts stores. Simple

porthole

Retired
This may be a stupid question, but where is the master cylinder? does it use the trucks' master or is it a remote electric controlled master cylinder?

Electric over hydraulic pump. Think mine is 1800 psi.
Mine is mounted between the generator and battery (see the red tag)

Attachments

• Genset_storage.jpg
    Genset_storage.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 55

kakampers

Porthole...Yes, this system will lift all four wheels off the ground. Ken just recently used that feature to adjust all the brakes...took less than ten minutes. The old way, one wheel at a time, would have taken at least an hour or more....he's in love...LOL:D

K

Kevin_Finn

We currently do not offer the leveling system as an option.
You may contact Lippert and they may have it available as an after market option.

Thank you for your business!!