King Bed in 3055RL

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Hi All.....

We recently purchased a 2006 3055RL with a King bed. When we run the slides in, the King mattress hits the Vanity cabinet and bends up. I'm concerned mainly about the pressure the mattress puts on the Vanity door and also it doesn't look very nice. :(

I'm thinking a Queen mattress wouldn't hit the cabinet, anyone else have this problem ? Also those that have a King mattress, where are you getting your bedding ? We're having trouble locating bedding that will fit.

busted2341

sislv,

We bought our 3055 in April and so far love it. When we saw it for the first time it had the regular King but we saw the end of the mattress hitting the vanity. I had the dealer replace it with the mattress that has the cut corners, no problem..Wife says she uses regular king sheets...

tsk

We just bought a 3055 Big horn and it came with a king bed. This must not be a true king because the king sheets were too big and queen too small. Does anyone know where I can get sheets to fit this bed. I read this somewhere that someone had the same problem.

Trap

Were still debating on the queen or king it sounds like the queen's the better option at least with the 3055RL.

Trap

jpmorgan37

This was a post by Cooper some time ago. "I have a Golden Gate with King size bed we purchased 4 clips from Bed Bath and Beyond that or designed to hold your your oversized sheet tight to your matress. Works great"
Hope this helps.
John

sislv

Tom & Sharol
King Mattress vs Queen Matress

Hi Trap.......I happened to meet Coley Brady from Heartland yesterday and asked him about the King Mattress problem. He said the factory HAD been furnishing a cut corner mattress which had helped the problem, but now only supply a "standard" RV size King mattress. So it looks like we and others who have a King RV mattress and it hits the cabinet when the slide is in, just have to put up with it. Sounds like an easy way for the factory to cure the problem.:(

I would suggest you consider NOT buying a mattress at all from the factory, and buy a standard HOME size Queen mattress from a bedding store. Buying bedding (i.e. fitted and flat sheets etc.) would be easier and cheaper as you can find a better selection for home size beds. The Queen mattress should have a bit better clearance to the cabinet. Check with a Heartland dealer or other owners and see what they suggest also.

All I know is there is a problem with using their "standard" RV King size mattress and you may have to live with it.:(

phranc

We have a 3600RL and have one cut corner on the king mattress. We have added a memory foam topper,from Sam's club, and standard king sheets fit well..We, and I say that with tongue in cheek, because the household engineer takes care of those decesions. She says that the fitted sheets that do not have the deepest pockets work OK

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
I think the king mattress used by Heartland is closer in size to a California king, We got California king sheets from Overstock.com. I plan to add a memory form topper.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
king bed

We put a 3" memory foamon our bed. Got it from Costco where the price was OK. Made the bed much more comfortable. We use regular King sheets onit. Yes a little sloppy fit but OK

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
King sized mattress

I recently bought my 3055RL and just found this thread. When I did my walk through the dealer told me to leave the left vanity door open when I slide the bed in. The corner of the mattress will fit in the opening without binding either the door or the mattress. It works.

nscaler2

Vanity Door & Mattress

Edwardo37,
We too do this, it keeps the mattress from binding up and putting too much pressure on the vanity door. We also place a thin piece of foam between the vanity cabinet door and the front of the drawer that it opens up against to keep it from rubbing an wear spot on the drawer face.

christianson

We removed the king matress that came in our 3055RL cut the bed back 8" onleft side installed regular queen matress gives us more room on shower side like it alot better

Uncle Rog

As far as finding sheets goes, my wife found a store that had a very, very few eastern king sets to choose from. They fit a lot better than the cal king. It took me a while to get used to the purple and yellow dinosaur pattern though........