Bumper mount generator

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Got tired of lifting the generator in + out of the storage compartment to use it. I re-used the square U-bolts from the factory bumper spare tire holder along with about 7' of 2 "x 2" x 3/16" angle iron to fab the support. Sticks out about 10" from the ladder but i can live with it.

Attachments

• ebay pics 060.jpg
    ebay pics 060.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 417
  • ebay pics 062.jpg
    ebay pics 062.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 431

jimtoo

i did the same thing,i put a lock on the generator and a cover on it and put 3 straps on...

Hi steveo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You do not have a listing for your unit, do you have a Heartland unit, if so which one? The Heartland family is here to help each other and meet new folks and enjoy life.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

wdk450

Looks good, I like the theft prevention device:)

I have the same Boily generator. Although I haven't mounted it (yet), I DID take some anti-theft steps. I bought a SPECIAL hardened chain and special keyed lock on E-Bay from a motorcycle accessories vendor. It just squeezes under the lifting bars. I replaced the aluminum tubing bars with steel pipe, secured the lifting bar nuts with Locktite Red, and covered the nuts and nut access recesses with epoxy. If I HAVE to get at these nuts, I can dig out the epoxy - hopefully a thief wouldn't spend this much time on it. I may add a "screamer" audio alarm with a hidden fishing line trip lanyard.