BAL X-Chock

truknutt

Committed Member
Found a new style of wheel chock that finally works with the narrow space between our Cyclone's tires. It's called the X-Chock from BAL Products.

I tried to use the BAL Deluxe chock (first attachment) but found that the distance between our tires will change according to how the suspension happens to be sitting at any given time and they had to be forced between the tires at times.
SHORT STORY: I was worried that my the axles were out of alignment because all of a sudden my chocks wouldn't fit. Took the rig in for its 1-year warranty work and because I didn't trust the dealership, I didn't believe the dealership. At Goshen this year, the Lippert techs explained to me how, especially and multiplied on a tri-axle, that all the moving parts: springs, hangers, equalizers, and shackle links move independently and can "conspire" to giive you different tire gap measurements that make you think your suspension is either loose or the axles are no longer aligned.

Okay back to the original intent of this post: These new X-Chocks (2nd & 3rd attachments) retract to a mere 1-3/8" so that I have no problems getting them between the tires! :p While this isn't the same as say the JT Strongarms or the Level-up System (I will have that someday) these chocks are this poor man's way of dealing with the rocking Cyclone! No gutter minds, please! :cool:

Available at CW right now for $49.99 (President's Club Price).

Attachments

• BAL Deluxe chock.jpg
    BAL Deluxe chock.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 113
  • BAL X Chock.jpg
    BAL X Chock.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 99
  • BAL X Chock2.jpg
    BAL X Chock2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 117

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even though I've installed the Ultra-Fab Stabilizers, I still use my BAL chocks (original design). Had them for the TT, so might as well.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I had the same problem with my Sundance. Had to rade in the "Deluxe Chock". The X-Chock fit perfectly.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yea to what Niles said.. Maybe some people are just running in place or doing sit-ups inside there coach. Bob:p

truknutt

Committed Member
That too!! Had a Platoon Sergeant that used to tell the "Special Fitness" group (a new touchier-feelier Army) that the reason they couldn't do push-ups was 'cause they hadn't mastered the "Push-Away"...as in push away from the table!!!! :D

Niles

Sorry Rick, I had the original Bal chocks also and they wouldn't fit, to narrow spacing between wheels. This was before they came out with the x-type so I went with the Roto chocks, I really like them they do a great job. Didn't care for the price though, little more expensive than the x-type.:eek: However when doing my jumping jacks in the morning no movement.:angel:

truknutt

Committed Member
Sorry Rick, I had the original Bal chocks also and they wouldn't fit, to narrow spacing between wheels. This was before they came out with the x-type so I went with the Roto chocks, I really like them they do a great job. Didn't care for the price though, little more expensive than the x-type.:eek: However when doing my jumping jacks in the morning no movement.:angel:

No disrespect intended but isn't that Bighorn's floor maxed out with you and Tucker on it without doing the jumping jacks!! :p

Niles

The 3670 is a very strong rig, haven't you been reading the brochures?:D:D Maybe that's why my springs went flat though.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dugger

my BAL deluxe also does not fit between my tires, but i am going to look into putting a larger washer on the top to hold the paddle lock shown in the pic and use it to secure my boat trailer from being moved.