slider too close

cableman

We ave a 24RL 5ver that we bought in august. When we put the slider in or out it brushes the cabinet handles and the radio knob. It has already taken a chunk out of the trim on the slider and I don't want it to get any worse. Does anybody else have this problem and what have you done to fix it? I really don't want to cut the trim down, then it won't match. Is there any other size trim that was used on this camper?

cableman

I don't think the slide needs adjusted it works properly. there is no gaps and it runs in and out just great. I think the trim is too big for the area they used it in. that trim is at least six inches wide and thre is room to use smaller trim.

wdk450

Work with Heartland

Can they Adjust the slide front to back?

Take some digital pictures, call Heartland service 877-262-8032, and talk to the service advisor for your area. Ask for his e-mail address and e-mail him the photos. Then contact your dealer and tell him about the warranty repair in the works.
I'm sure if this is a manufactureing defect, Heartland would like to know about it. One question though - You would think that the slides have been opened and closed a few times in the transport and delivery process: how come the damage didn't happen before?

cableman

the slide will go in and out and just brush the door knobs if my wife holds the door closed and the radio knob in. The damage occurred when she did not hold them and I just closed the slide. I will go get pics right now and post them.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Placement of the trim on the slide is somewhat adjustable (as least it is on mine). It looks like it was put on incorrectly. The trim needs to be removed, replaced, and tacked back on to create the proper clearance.

cableman

all the trim is the same size all the way around the slide. to adjust the trim it would stick too far the other way. I thinkif there was a trim that was not as wide it would all fit in te space alotted.

lelandpa

all the trim is the same size all the way around the slide. to adjust the trim it would stick too far the other way. I thinkif there was a trim that was not as wide it would all fit in te space alotted.

We have the exact same fifth wheel as you, we have at least a good inch of room between the handles and the trim. Last time I ran the slide in I forgot to move the chair back into the corner and busted the molding on the other side, hubby was not happy:eek: