update on trip

cableman

We returned last night from our trip to Virginia beach. Had a great time even with the rainy water. We stayed at the holiday travel park and it was really nice. The park is huge and they were nice to deal with, had no problems. I would recommend it to anybody that is staying in the area. we checked and double checked but found no other heartlands.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We returned last night from our trip to Virginia beach. Had a great time even with the rainy water. We stayed at the holiday travel park and it was really nice. The park is huge and they were nice to deal with, had no problems. I would recommend it to anybody that is staying in the area. we checked and double checked but found no other heartlands.

Did you mean weather? I got a chuckle out of your post as usually rain is water. :D:D:D

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
There were a few Heartlands there for the weekend. I think most people headed out on Monday. There were lines to get out and at the dump stations. Nice CG.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim, are you an English teacher??? :)

No but I used to grade Police Cadets spelling and grammar papers when I was an Instructor at the Houston Police Academy. I really wasn't trying to be critical because sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain too but just got a chuckle out of that post. Thought others might also. ;)

talley

Jim, I can identify with falling into the trap of "grading" posts. It is hard to break old habits after 25 or 30 years practice. Not only are police cadet's work reviewed and graded at the academy, but after the officer is "on the street" his/her work will continue to be subject to critical review. Many may overlook the fact that police work is very burdened by paperwork. They don't show that on the police shows. Police reports are read many times by lawyers, judges, reporters and often by the public. All the "Ts" must be crossed and the "Is" dotted.

I once wrote a police report on a minor service call concerning a 200 lb winch which had fallen from a truck and was a traffic hazard. In the report I spelled it "wench". A police reported checked reports daily... it ended up in the newspaper!!:eek::eek:

Of course now... after retirement couldn't care less about internet posts. As you said now we are free to find friendly humor.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Jim, I can identify with falling into the trap of "grading" posts. It is hard to break old habits after 25 or 30 years practice. Not only are police cadet's work reviewed and graded at the academy, but after the officer is "on the street" his/her work will continue to be subject to critical review. Many may overlook the fact that police work is very burdened by paperwork. They don't show that on the police shows. Police reports are read many times by lawyers, judges, reporters and often by the public. All the "Ts" must be crossed and the "Is" dotted.

I once wrote a police report on a minor service call concerning a 200 lb winch which had fallen from a truck and was a traffic hazard. In the report I spelled it "wench". A police reported checked reports daily... it ended up in the newspaper!!:eek::eek:

Of course now... after retirement couldn't care less about internet posts. As you said now we are free to find friendly humor.

That WAS news!!:D

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
BREAKING NEWS..........

Houston police were called to check on a 200 lb wench that fell out of the back of a truck and was reported to be a hazzard on the highway.

LOLNone

talley

;)
BREAKING NEWS..........

Houston police were called to check on a 200 lb wench that fell out of the back of a truck and was reported to be a hazzard on the highway.

LOLNone

What is the old saying about assuming something... "***-u-me". Actually the police reporter and story was in Victoria Advocate, Victoria, Texas... about 125 miles south of Houston.:);) Same results though... lots of ribbing