name that part

jimpav

Went camping this weekend, and after one day all of a sudden the enclosed spring shot out of the city water connection, and water soon followed every time the in-house pump pressurized the system. As a result, I could not use any water in the trailer, as I could not stop the water from coming out the city water connection. We were not hooked up to city water, but were drawing off our in-house tank. It looks like some sort of a check valve let loose. I followed the water line from the city water connection, and after about 6' it T's into the main line. I assume the check valve would be someplace at either end.
35DSRL Eagle Ridge
Jim

Attachments

• Resize of valve 1.JPG
    Resize of valve 1.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Resize of valve 2.JPG
    Resize of valve 2.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Resize of DSC01392.JPG
    Resize of DSC01392.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Resize of DSC01393.JPG
    Resize of DSC01393.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 112

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you hook a short hose to the city water inlet and screw a plug into the other end, you should be able to still use your water tank/pump until you can get that fixed. Or - now that I reflect on it, just screw the plug into the city water inlet - no hose needed.

DickO

Ours on our 2010 BH broke on our first use. Dealer replaced plastic unit with brass unit. I still put a plug on the end when not in use.

jimpav

A plug would have been a good idea............however, camping in the middle of nowhere, I just connected my white hose and kinked/taped it to stop the flow. Unfortunately, quite a bit of water poured into the basement before I noticed anything.
I wonder how many of these have failed with other units???

MurrayN.

Mine failed too the first time out. Luckily I had my blow out adapter along and just screwed that into the city water connection. I don't know if I'll get mine fixed, this is very simple and foolproof.

dp7955

Mine blew out today only the second time we dry camped in the new BC I just screwed in my Y adaptor to the city water conection and shut off the valves

traveler44

Ours blew out about 5:00AM when we were still on the dealers lot. It didn't take the guys long to install another one. So being a little leary of it happening somewhere without a parts store handy. I bought a brass one that looks like you have to take the hose fitting loose and put it right in line, behind the city water filler. This makes sense to me because you wouldn't have to ever worry about the cheap plastic one blowing out again. Tom M.

Wharton

Based on all the water problems that seem to occur with Heartland we have bought a sump pump alarm. Plan to install it in the next few days. If you go this way just make sure the wire is long enough.

beardedone

Beardedone
I bought a battery operated water alarm and just sit it next to the water pump. Because I had so many water leaks I have removed the small separation panel that terminates at the UDC permanently so I can visually keep an eye on things.

I just tried to use my pump and have the same problem. I don't thinks a back flow preventer was ever installed. I was surprised when lots of water started flowing out. First time we ever tried to use it, not happy.