Xlt 265rk

daddyo

Hello all:: absolutly love this forum.

My wife and I are trying to decide between a rear kitchen or rear living room floorplan.
We have been told to stay away from the rear kitchen style because of breaking dishes or drawers and cabinets opening while travelling.
Has anyone out there had any of these issues with an RK model??
The floor plan, size and the weight of the 265rk really appeals to us as we really wanted to stay under 30ft.

Thanks in advance.

DMitch

I can pass along our experience. Our last unit was a RK Select Suite. Our experience was anything in the rear cabinets just wouldn't stay in place and on occassion we had broken dishes. It is a pain in the neck but the floor plan was very roomy. Our new unit does not have a rear kitchen. Good luck with your selection. Oh, I will also mention that the unit had Air Ride as well.

All the best,

We bought are 2011 265 sundance last nov 09. So we had to wait till spring of 2010 to use it. We tested it out with 3 trips. All went well. Then I July we went on a 4week trip. Total of 2300 miles.
My wife loves the rear kitchen. We did not have a problom at all with dishes or other items flying around. The 5th wheel pulls like a dream. I have a 2005 chevy duramax. didn't even know it was behided
us. This was a total pleasure to pull and we feel this was the best 5th wheel we could have bought. We have owned 3 others. We had nothing but problems with them. This one we will have for years.
It's nice to walk in and not walk through the kitchen area. wife likes that. Hope this helps