Toilet Paper Holder

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Best bet would be to install a hanger that will just hang in place with a rod that holds the tp roll. Mount it with a couple of screws using molly anchors to hold these screws in. If you try to mount one that has tension to hold the roll in place, you will not like the results.

K

Ken Washington

Karl, We put one in with tension and it worked fine. I was supprised to find how snug the screws went in and if it will help, I will post or send a picture to you.
Ken

Wild Wind

Mounting a toilet paper holder in any bathroom is always a problem.
On our bathroom remodeling jobs, we like to use recessed toilet paper holders, they come in a kit with a bracket for mounting in a hollow stud space. If you cut the square hole in the wall and install it properly you cannot easily rip them out of the wall.
Becasue of the small toilet rooms, a hollow wall the recessed holder is the best, and therefore, I installed a recessed holder in our Bighorn.
The wall material are very thin, after marking the hole on the wall (24" up from floor and around 8" over from right corner), drill a hole in each corner, and then you can use a sharp utility knife to cut the square out. If the wall cavity is not deep enough (I don't remender), cut straight thru the other side of the wall (everything in that corner is hidden by the vanity cabinet) to get the holder installed. The recessed holders come in chrome or white at Home Depot.
If you don't want recessed, mount the toilet paper holder on a piece of deco 1/2 plywood painted white and then use mollies to mount (we always use construction adhesive also). I think that you can now buy the mounting boards for towel bars & toilet paper holders at Home Depot now.

Gary F

I purchased a free standing toilet paper holder with a weighted foot base. It's mobile and you just simply lay it down on the floor when traveling.

Purchased it from Lowe's.

Tom of Ypsi

I mounted my TP holder that came with the coach using molly's and it is as solid as the ones in the stick house. I did not mount the soap holder or the cup holder that came with the coach, we use soap dispensers and keep small paper cups in the med cabinet.

phranc

We haven't mounted the TP holder yet. But for the soap we use the Thetford pump bottle with stick down base .. Works well and doesn't tip over while traveling.. Another fine purchase from Campers World..........:)

nhunter

Is it possible to drill through Corian without special bits to mount under cabinet soap bottle?

ct0218

Yes you can, but you need to use a hole saw, not a drill bit. Its hard, drill using medium pressure to prevent overheating to material (heat=expansion=cracks). It's 1/2 inch thick material, and make sure you have the clearance underneath before drilling.

svd

We installed our paper holder on the inside of the door, and it works great! Glad we didn't install it in one of the walls, it would have been "bumped" and broke off. We bought a cheap brushed silver holder at Walmart, not the tension type, but the type that you slip the roll over, and then the roll lays against the door, no more unrolled paper when you get to your destination.

jpmorgan37

:confused: I just screwed mine into the wall in February and have used it almost daily for 4 1/2 months and it hasn't fallen off yet. I didn't use mollies or wall anchors either. Jimtoo, is that a Sears Roebuck, Monkey Wards or Speigle Catalog?;) Do you suppose that we are dating ourselves?:D

John

Garypowell

We mounted ours on the inside of the sink cabinet door. Perfect for our 3010, might not work as well for your model.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Free standing holder - just sit it on the floor.

That was our solution in the 3670. Pocket door on one side of the throne and a glass shower wall on the other left no place convenient for a TP holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk