The CA trip, really long

bill40

Hi everyone just wanted to let you all know there are plenty of Heartland RV's out here. We have been on 40 west for several days and passed at least 15 BH, BC, Sundance and Landmarks. We are currently in Tucumcari NM. Hate to tell the Ford guys this but from OK through nothern Texas the Dodges out number the Fords about 4 to 1. Happy to say lots of Chevy's.
A Dodge guy next to me said that well change when we get to AZ and west, Ford country. Have not run into any Heartlands in the RV parks just passed them heading east. OH! Ray if reads this the Tri Glide is working just great really needed it in some parts of OK and Texas. Thought I was back on Pa roads.None

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hi everyone just wanted to let you all know there are plenty of Heartland RV's out here. We have been on 40 west for several days and passed at least 15 BH, BC, Sundance and Landmarks. We are currently in Tucumcari NM. Hate to tell the Ford guys this but from OK through nothern Texas the Dodges out number the Fords about 4 to 1. Happy to say lots of Chevy's.
A Dodge guy next to me said that well change when we get to AZ and west, Ford country. Have not run into any Heartlands in the RV parks just passed them heading east. OH! Ray if reads this the Tri Glide is working just great really needed it in some parts of OK and Texas. Thought I was back on Pa roads.None
Bill, thanks for the heads up. We plan on taking I40 but we'll pick it up in Tucumcari from 54/400. It's good to hear the tri glide is doing well for you. We've been out a couple times and I'm glad we bought it. Let me know how the rest of I40 going west is. Where are you going?

bill40

We are headed to Sini Valley CA. Jeri's brother passed and we thought we could make it before but we lost four days with the power steering pump problem.I think it was for the best.We will probably stay 3 or 4 weeks depending on how long we are needed.
Not making as many miles per day (about 350) as I wanted but thats about all the old body can stand. Really glad we have the tri-glide now all I have to do is figure out how to make the 3500 ride a little better.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
"all I have to do is figure out how to make the 3500 ride a little better"

Uhhhh Bill, get a FORD:D! (uh-oh - here we go again:eek:)

jnbhobe

Bill & Jerry; Sorry to hear about Jerrys brother, Hope everything goes ok for you. And Bill we'll stick by you when you get rid of the chebby for that Ford dually. JON:cool::cool::cool:

bill40

Sorry guys found the problem(I think)had too much air in all four shocks, reduced it and we made 546 miles today and the ride was much better. That climb out of Needles Ca. would be good test for any of the three. I think the sign said 14.5 miles of 6% grade. Sure looked higher than 5000ft. Thanks Jon I pass on to Jer. Sould be there mid day Thursday. I'll check out the camp ground for a Pa. rally.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Bill,
We lived in Simi Valley for 10 years, in the 80's and still have many friends there. Prepare for the heat, it will be scorching. My good buddy has a Weekend Warrior there and if you need any help on anything let me know, I know the area like the back of my hand. Don't forget to check out the Reagan Library, the sets of Little House on the Prairie, and a lot of neat stuff nearby. If you like dry camping my bud will show you the way to some beautiful campgrounds in the Sequoias. Just PM or email me and we can give you a big hand. My advice at this time of the year is to not hang out there because of the heat, but there are a lot of neat campgrounds in all directions away from LA.

bill40

Thanks Larry,
Will be staying at the Valencia Travel Village, not as close as i would like to be but all the others were full. Stayed the last time in Northridge and the one in Simi is closed.That one in Northridge would have been a bear to get a 38 footer in to. I figured it will take me at least a month to get things fixed up at my at the house. I know Tom could not do much foe the last year. We do plan on a trip to the library. If I end finishing quicker I give you a PM. Thanks again.