Route From Holiday Trav-L-Park to Chesapeake Expressway

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This is a question for all my new friends in the VA Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfork Megopolis. What's the best route from the Holiday Trav-L-Park to the Chesapeake Expressway on a Wed morning: Gen Booth to Princess Anne to North Landing to Mt Pleasant to the Expressway; or should I turn off N. Landing onto Centerville Turnpike to the Expressway, or is there an even better/faster route to get down toward the OBX? I'll probably leave the Trav-L-Park around 9:00-9:30am, maybe a little earlier.

Thanks in advance.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
This is a question for all my new friends in the VA Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfork Megopolis. What's the best route from the Holiday Trav-L-Park to the Chesapeake Expressway on a Wed morning: Gen Booth to Princess Anne to North Landing to Mt Pleasant to the Expressway; or should I turn off N. Landing onto Centerville Turnpike to the Expressway, or is there an even better/faster route to get down toward the OBX? I'll probably leave the Trav-L-Park around 9:00-9:30am, maybe a little earlier.

Thanks in advance.
Take the first Route you mentioned. If you take Mt Pleasant to Battlefield and turn left onto Battlefield you wont have to pay the toll and it isnt too much added time.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Thanks - Just out of curiosity, how much is the toll for a Tow Vehicle and 5th Wheel?
I am not sure. I know it was $2 for a car. I avoid that section of the bypass. leme go see if I can find a price for ya. No their site doesnt give a price.

boatto5er

Thanks again:)! - If I have spare change in my pocket next Wed morning I'll take the Xpressway:). If I'm broke:eek:, I'll take Battlefield.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Gus,

Sorry I didn't see and respond to this sooner, but as you know, I've spent the last two weeks in Alaska.

I have pulled my 5er over both ways you suggest. If you turn on Centerville and head south to Battlefield, you by-pass the toll, but depending on time of day and traffic, you might have a bit of time turning left onto Battlefield because there is no traffic light. Of course if you go that way, you'll go right past Chesapeake RV Solutions (sponsors of our fall gathering) and you can "stop in and pick up a few things," :)

However, if you continue west on Mt. Pleasant, past Centerville, it's a short distance (about 3 miles) to get to the Expressway. Again, it is a left hand turn off of Mt. Pleasant onto the Expressway South without the benefit of a traffic light, but it will quicker and easier IMHO.

After that it's a nice ride down to Hatteras. I'd come join you at Holiday Travel Park this weekend but we head out tomorrow for Kilmarnick and a weekend of dry camping. See you next Thursday at Camp Hatteras.

Keith

boatto5er

Thanks Keith,

I assume the Alaska trip was a lot of fun:)! I'll probably just go pick up the expressway. Don't think $4.00 will break me (at least not this month:eek:). See you next week. Have a great time in Kilmarnock.

Gus

Hudson

I've driven to Chesapeake RV Solutions a couple of times in the past week and I get always get off at the "last exit before toll." According to the signs, it is $2 per vehicle for the first two axles plus $1 per each additional axle. In other words, $1 per axle so it's $5 for our triple-axle toy hauler friends.