fresh h2o filler

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I found it almost impossible to fill the fresh water tank while dry camping because the filler hole is so high up in the corner of the docking station. I tried using a funnel but couldnt get any slope so the water went everywhere. This platform make it easy to hold the 6 gallon jug up while filling the tank. The battery pump works surprising well for the price.
Note the added drain hole located at the bottom of the station. (water was always standing there and worked its way to the cargo area.)
http://www.amazon.com/TERA-BATTERY-..._3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1249489174&sr=8-3

Attachments

• fill6.JPG
    fill6.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 231
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 219
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 220
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 211
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 207

Tom_Diane

Thats a pretty handy set up. I am in search of a plastic 35 gal. barrel. I had one several years ago that I put a 3/4in spigot in the small bung and went to a truck tire repair shop and got a long metal about 2" or so tire valve stem which had threads and drilled a hole the size of the stem diameter in the large bung and put a nut on the inside and outside of the bung and. I took a cheap 12v air compressor and put a locking air chuck on the end of the compressor hose. I would just lay the barrel on back end of my truck box and fill with water. I used a garden hose several feet long and hooked one end to the spigot and the other to my fresh water fill and attached the air compressor and plugged into my 12vbattery source on my Truck and pumped air into the tank and after a couple minutes of pumping air I turned the spigot on and pumped water into my camper in short order. When I was done I would just tie the tank down in the front of my box until it was needed again. The set up was good because I didnt have to carry 3 or 4 cans to tote water. A 35 gal barrel will fit nicely right in front of my fifth wheel hitch and wont add but only 12 to 15 pounds of extra weight if that. I got the idea from a co-worker when I was working on the road and spent months at a time at campgrounds and used it for at least 5 years.

combine_billy

That is a cool setup.

I bought a 30 gallon sprayer that goes on an ATV and took the sprayer handle off of it and put an end on it that a garden hose would screw onto.

Duramax1

I use the built in water pump to refill my water storage tank.

I accomplish this by inserting the water storage tank by pass line, which you use for winterizing your unit with antifreeze, into my portable water container and shutting off the bypass valve.

I then remove the external shower head from the shower hose and place the hose into the water storage filler hole.

I then turn on the external shower and the water pump draws water from the portable water container and pushes this water through the external shower hose into the water storage inlet hole.

truknutt

Committed Member

I accomplish this by inserting the water storage tank by pass line, which you use for winterizing your unit with antifreeze, into my portable water container and shutting off the bypass valve.

I then remove the external shower head from the shower hose and place the hose into the water storage filler hole.

I then turn on the external shower and the water pump draws water from the portable water container and pushes this water through the external shower hose into the water storage inlet hole.

There you go!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

Good idea!

DMAX154

I dont have any pics of my set up for going to NASCAR races but I have a 35 gal tank and I bought a 12 v RV water pump and wired a cig lighter plug on the end of it. Some clear plastic tubing and a couple garden hose fittings and it works great. Plug it in and in about 15 or so min all 35 gallons is in the Sundance.