Aluminum Rim Hubs

Rrloren

I have a 2010 Sundance 2900MK with the aluminum 16" wheels and would like know how to remove the wheel hubs. I've tried tapping them with a rubber mallet to no avail. I don't want to damage them. I gently tried a screwdriver but they won't move. They spin a bit in their seat and look like they should pop off easily but I can't get them off.
I'm trying to determine if this unit has the bearing buddy type grease fittings to allow lubing the wheel bearings without removing the tires.

Lazydaze

I have a 2009 Sundance with the 16" aluminum wheels. The center hub comes off by pushing it through the back of the wheel, so the wheel/tire has to be off to remove the hub. There is a small round cap at the end of the hub that can be pried off to expose the grease fitting, so you have access to the fitting without removing the wheel.
Eric

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Did you try removing the wheel....pop off the hub cover then remove the cotter pin thats locking the axel nut. Remove the nut with the outer bearing then kick the tire with your foot?

Rrloren

Removed the small round cap and found a rubber boot covering the grease fitting. I assume I have to cut a hole in this boot to access the fitting?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
OK now i get it....you are asking how to remove the center wheel cap? If your just trying to grease the wheel bearings. Don't cut the rubber just pull it outwards then push it back in when finshed. Two or three pumps on a grease gun is enough while rotating the wheel at the same time.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Got it , easy when you know how. Thanks for the help.
Rrloren, be careful to not over do it with the grease through that access hole. EZ Lube hubs are not at all like Bearing Buddys. There is nowhere for the excess grease to go except through the rear seal. You should have your bearings inspected, cleaned an repacked once a year. That also allows you to inspect and clean the brakes and the associated parts and put better US made seals in. Just good preventative maintenance.