any Landmark fulltimers

R

Rex&Nancy

Just wondering how the unit is holding up under full time use and what are you pulling with?

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

We were formally full timers, last year. Spent nine months on the road and about 18 thousand miles. The only problem we had were the wheel rims, the rim manufactuer sent us two new sets of rims, one in july 05, the second in october 05, so far no more troubles. The Grand Canyon held up very well to all the traveling but the wife got tired of being on the road so much, so we headed home. She is still not ready to do any traveling yet, other than a few hundred miles. This is usually just to Atlanta for a weekend and we stay with my sister there. A single AC does not really cool to well in the hot climates so if you plan on being in the south or west during the summer a second unit is a must. Have fun and don;t spend too much on fuel.

BigBlue

BigBlue
We're fulltimin with a Monticello. We're pulling with a Chevy C4500 with a Versa Hauler bed.
We've had a few problems while on the road. One I haven't solved yet is the odor when we turn the Fantastic vent on. It doesn't happen all the time but it is annoying to get the odor from the holding tank.
The other problem I'm working on right now is axle problems. It looks like they are not aligned properly. I had to replace one tire because all the tread was worn off. I'm taking the trailer in to a tire dealer here in Sheridan, WY to have the aligment checked on all axles. Al-Ko has already agreed to ship a new axle to our dealer in Il to replace the axle where we had the tire problem. I'm looking at the others now because when I compared the tread depth between the new tire and the existing ones, I thought there's to much wear. I'll see tomorrow what the tire guys say.

The truck does a great job. It's got the weight and brakes to handle the trailer. Mileage is better than I was told when I bought it. We're averageing 7.2 mpg.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Rex&Nancy
I towed with a Chevy 3500 dually, Duramax, W/allison tranny and 373 rear. I ran into BigBlue in a park on our travels but he was busy with a wedding or something and we left the next morning. Did not get to spend any time with them but they do have a nice truck. I got any where between 9 and 11 mpg. The CGVW was slightly over the manufacuters recommendation, but I had no problems, probably could have left some things behind, but I wanted to be prepared for what ever. Also I made sure that I stayed well behind other dirvers, some nuts like to stop for the heck of it, and while pulling 16000 lbs your stopping distance is not the best in the world. Have fun and be safe.