Before and After

Cheryl

Well, here they are, the before with the crack and the after. No Crack! They did a great job at the factory AND they even fixed the drawers that had broken slides.

WAY TO GO factory guys!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

//heartlandowners.org/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=82

//heartlandowners.org/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=356

Delaine and Lindy

Frame Flex !!!!!

Well Frame Flex is showing up on other manufactors also and has been for some time. I seen many 5th wheels with this problem and the fix is very easy. I don't know the cause but I'm begining to wonder if the static (Steel Hitches) are the cause. There is a lot of stress on the Gooseneck part of the 5th wheel. It would be interesting to know how many Frame Flex problems have happened when using a Air ride hitch. What hitches were being used when you have seen the Frame Flex problem. All I have seen were using a Steel hitch. Just a thought, don't know what is causing this issue. I don't believe that the manufactors would want a Frame that couldn't handle the weight of the 5th wheel. But there are just to many Frame issues. And if people are saying that this is a new issue, I would have to disagree back in 2006 I seen as many as 7 5th wheels with Frame Flex problems and they were Heartlands biggest competition 5th wheels. By the way the repair job looks great. Good Luck. GBY...

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Another manufacturer (won't say their name, but is a bird with "co" at the end) had a major problem with this, in the same spot, a couple of years ago. We have friends who had to have theirs repaired.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Looks great....the factory does great repair work. Too bad they dont have about 6 bays just for repair.

Cheryl

Where is this crack?
The crack was right in front of the driver's side bedroom slide.
//heartlandowners.org/album.php?albumid=26&pictureid=363
//heartlandowners.org/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=363
Did they fix the problem why it cracked or just repair the crack?
Don't know for 100% sure, but my guess is they fixed the problem. They knew what caused the crack and how to fix it. They had already made changes to prevent it from happening back in 2006, I believe. From what we were told last year, it is an easy fix for them. If I remember correctly, they just had to add a support bar/beam.

Last edited: